n (usu sing 通常作单数) effect or result (of an event, circumstances, etc) 结果; 效果
*What was the outcome of your meeting? 你们会晤的结果如何?
the final result of a meeting, discussion, war etc - used especially when no one knows what it will be until it actually happens
= resultoutcome of the outcome of the election People who had heard the evidence at the trial were surprised at the outcome.
1. Economic crisis is the inevitable outcome of the capitalist system. 经济危机是资本主义制度的必然结果。
2. What was the outcome of your meeting? 你们会晤的结果如何?
3. The outcome is still uncertain. 结果仍不明朗.
4. As an outcome of their hunger for empires, the Earth was abused. 他们渴望成为帝国的贪欲造成了地球资源被滥用的恶果。
5. Let us not be too sanguine about the outcome. 结果如何, 我们不能太乐观。