动词过去式:overcame 过去分词:overcome 现在分词:overcoming 第三人称单数:overcomes
v (pt overcame /- 5keIm; -`kem/, pp overcome)
1 [Tn] succeed in a struggle against (sth); defeat 战胜, 克服（某事物）
*overcome a bad habit 改掉坏习惯
* He overcame a strong temptation to run away. 他抵制了要逃跑的强烈诱惑.
2 [I] (fml 文) be victorious; triumph 得胜; 获胜
*We shall overcome! 我们一定胜利!
3 [Tn usu passive 通常用于被动语态] make (sb) weak or ill; cause (sb) to become faint or lose control 使（某人）软弱或不适; 使（某人）昏厥或失去控制力
*be overcome by gas fumes 被煤气熏倒
* be overcome by/with grief, anger, despair, etc 因悲哀、气恼、绝望等而不能自持.
4 [Tn] find a way of dealing with or solving (a problem, etc) 找到处理或解决（问题等）的办法
*We'll overcome that difficulty when we get to it. 那种困难到时候我们自有办法解决.
v past tenseovercame [-'keɪm/
1. We had to overcome all kinds of obstacles and difficulties. 我们不得不克服种种障碍和困难。
2. We should keep good solidarity and overcome the difficulties. 我们应该团结一致, 克服困难。
3. We could, at one time, repair ourselves----well enough, at least, to overcome all but the most instantly fatal illnesses and accidents. 而我们人，在一定时间内是可以自行修复的，除了暴病死或意外事故外，至少足以克服一切疾病和事故。
4. The fire was completely overcome by daybreak. 到天亮时，火势完全控制住了。
5. The best way to overcome it----so at least it seems to me----is to make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal, 克服怕死的最好办法 -- 至少在我看来是这样 -- 就是逐渐使自己的兴趣更加广泛，
6. Today the American is one of the few foremost heart-transplant surgeons in the world, having overcome many of the earlier problems, like rejection. 现在，他攻克了许多像异体排斥这类的早期的难题，是世界上少数几个做心脏移植手术的先驱者之一。
7. To partially overcome the problem of funds and to speed the import of Western technology, Hungary sold a 30% stake in its national phone company to two Western companies. 为了部分地解决资金问题, 加速输入西方技术，匈牙利将国有电话公司30%的股权出售给了两家西方公司。
8. "I am glad, my dear, to know that you have finally overcome your dislike for him; truly he did not deserve it." "我真高兴，亲爱的，你终于不再讨厌他了。说真的，他不应该使你觉得讨厌。"
9. "Oh," she told him, laughingly, after pressing a long, tender kiss upon his lips, "I have overcome everything! "噢，"她笑着，在他唇上印了长长的温柔的一吻，"我一切都已经克服了！