n person who owns sth 物主; 某物的所有者
*the owner of a black Mercedes 一辆黑色奔驰（亦称平治）牌汽车车主
* the dog's owner 狗的主人
* Who's the owner of this house? 谁是这房子的房主?
someone who owns something
I met the owner of the local hotel.
the club's new owners
He was now the proud owner of a bright red sports car.
Dog-owners have been warned to keep their animals under control.
(=someone who owns their house)
1. What he looked for in others was a "good heart", and if he found one, the owner was good enough for him. 他从别人那儿寻找的是一颗"好心"。一旦找到了，那人在他心目中就是个大好人。
2. The owner of the stolen car was himself remiss. He left the keys in the vehicle. 被窃的车主自己不小心，因为他把钥匙留在车上。
3. The pie committee telephoned a local garage owner who arrived in a recovery truck to salvage the pie dish. 馅饼委员会给当地汽车修理库老板打电话，他闻讯后开着一辆急修车前来打捞盘子。
4. The owner of the umbrella slowed his steps. 伞主人放慢了脚步。
5. The owner hands out AIDS information to all her clients when they enter the shop and shows videos on AIDS prevention while they wait for their hair to dry. 美发店老板在顾客进来时向他们散发艾滋病资料，在他们等着头发晾干时，向他们放映有关预防艾滋病的录像片。
6. He is an obsequious shop owner. 他是一个善於讨好顾客的店主.
7. He is the owner of the bike. 他是这辆自行车的主人。
8. Mr. Taylor, the owner of a jewellery shop was admiring a new window display. 珠宝店主泰勒先生正在欣赏新布置的橱窗。
9. Computers will record the passage of the car and automatically take the money from the owner's computer bank account. 电脑会记录下汽车的通行情况，并自动从车主的电脑银行账户上扣除费用。
10. "You are about very early," said a voice, the owner of which Easton could not see. “你这么早就出来活动了，”一个声音传来，伊斯顿却看不清楚说话的人是谁。