n.包裹,<贬>一群,一副,背包,包装 vt.包装,捆扎,塞满,压紧,挑选 vi.包装货物,挤,群集,被包装 背包
动词过去式:packed 过去分词:packed 现在分词:packing 第三人称单数:packs 形容词:packable 名词:packability
(a) number of things wrapped or tied together for carrying, esp on the back 包, 包裹（尤指背负的）
*The tramp carried his belongings in a pack on his back. 那个流浪者把所有的东西捆成一包背在背上.
(b) bag, usu of canvas or leather, fitted with straps for carrying on the back 背包. Cf 参看 backpack, haversack, rucksack.
2 [C] small paper or cardboard container in which goods are packed for selling; packet 小纸盒; 小硬纸板箱; 小纸包
*a six-pack of beer, ie six cans of beer wrapped and sold together 半打装啤酒
* (esp US) a pack of cigarettes 一包香烟. =>Usage at packet 用法见packet.
(a) group of wild animals that hunt together （野兽的）一群
*Wolves hunt in packs. 狼总是成群猎食.
(b) group of dogs kept for hunting, esp with horses （猎狗的）一群（尤指骑马狩猎用者）
*a pack of hounds 一群猎狗.
(c) organized group of Cub Scouts or Brownies （童子军的）一队
*a `Brownie pack 一队女童子军.
(d) the forwards of a Rugby football team （一支橄榄球队的）全体前锋.
4 [CGp] ~ (of sb/sth) (derog 贬) number of people or things (used esp in the expressions shown) （指人、物的）一帮, 一伙, 一堆（尤用于以下示例）
*a pack of fools/thieves 一伙傻瓜[小偷]
* a pack of lies 一派谎言.
5 [C] (US deck) complete set of
52 playing-cards （纸牌的）一副（为52张）.
6 [C] (only in compounds 仅用以构成复合词) thing placed on a part of the body for a period of time, such as a layer of cream or paste for cleansing the skin of the face or a bag of ice for soothing a burn 一时敷于身体之物（如润面霜、冰袋）
* an `ice-pack.
1 (a) [I, Tn, Tn.pr] ~ A (in/into B); ~ B (with A) put sth into a container for transport or storing; fill (a container, esp a suitcase) with sth 将某物装入（箱、盒等）（尤指装入衣箱）
*Have you packed (your suitcase) yet? 你装好（衣箱）了吗?
* Don't forget to pack your toothbrush! 别忘了把牙刷放到箱子里去!
* All these books need to be packed (into boxes). 这些书都要打点（装箱）.
* pack clothes into a trunk/pack a trunk with clothes 把衣物装进箱子里
* He takes a packed lunch (ie sandwiches, etc packed into a box or some other container) to work every day. 他每天带（盒装）午饭上班.
(b) [I, Ipr] ~ (into sth) be able to be put into a container for transport or storing 能被包装（便于装运）
*This dress packs easily. 这件连衣裙易于装箱.
* These clothes won't all pack into one suitcase. 这些衣物一个箱子装不下.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (in sth) cover or protect sth with (esp soft) material pressed tightly on, in or round it 用材料（尤指软物）充填、衬垫或包裹某物（以覆盖或保护）
*pack china in newspaper 用报纸包裹瓷器
* glass packed in straw 用稻草包垫的玻璃.
3 [Tn] prepare and put (meat, fish, etc) in tins in order to preserve it 把（肉、鱼等）装罐保存; 做（鱼、肉等）罐头.
4 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (with sth/sb) fill, cram or crowd sth (with sth/sb) （事物）塞满、充满某处; （人）挤满某处
*Chanting fans packed the stadium/The stadium was packed with chanting fans. 热情的观众挤满了体育场, 不停地喊叫着有节奏的口号.
* The show played to packed houses, ie large audiences. 那节目演出时场场爆满.
* This book is packed with useful information. 这本书里有很多有用的资料.
* an action-packed film, novel, etc 充满刺激动作的影片、小说等
* The restaurant was packed, ie crowded with people. 饭馆里挤满了人.
5 [I, Tn] (of snow, ice, etc) (cause sth to) form a hard compact mass （指冰、雪等）（使之）形成硬块
*The snow had packed against the wall. 墙根的雪形成了硬块.
* The wind packed the snow against the wall. 风把雪吹到墙边堆积起来.
6 [Tn] (US infml 口) carry (sth); be equipped with (sth) 携带（某物）; 装备有（某物）
*pack a gun 带着枪.
7 [Tn] (derog 贬) choose (the members of a committee, etc) so that they are likely to decide in one's favour 挑选（委员等）使之偏袒自己.
8 (idm 习语) ,pack one's `bags (prepare to) leave （准备）离开
*After their row she packed her bags and left. 他们争吵後, 她收拾好提包就走了.
* He was told to pack his bags. 已经告诉他让他走人. ,pack a (hard, etc) `punch (infml 口)
(a) (of a boxer) be capable of delivering a powerful blow （指拳击手）能发出重击.
(b) (fig 比喻) have a very powerful effect 极有效力
*Those cocktails pack quite a punch! 那些鸡尾酒劲儿可真大! send sb packing => send.
9 (phr v) pack sth away put sth into a box, cupboard, etc because it is not needed 将某物放入盒、箱等中收起
*She packed away the deck-chairs for the winter. 冬天她把折叠躺椅收了起来.
1. Nothing to do now but pack." 现在要做的只是收拾行李。"
2. He put it back into his pack, rose to his feet and continued. 他把小包放回背包里，站起来，继续赶路。
3. Like men we´ll face the murderous, cowardly pack, 像勇士那样直面这些凶残而又胆怯的狐群狗党，