1 [U] action or skill of painting sth 涂色; 上油漆; 粉刷; 油漆技巧; 绘画.
2 [C] picture that has been painted 图画
*a painting by Rembrandt 伦勃朗的画
* famous paintings 名画.
a painted picture that you put on a wall for people to see a collection of valuable paintingspainting of There was a large painting of his father on the wall. Can you help me hang this painting (=put it on a wall) ?
the act or skill of making a picture, using paints Degas' style of painting the Cubist school of painting (=a particular style used by a group of people)[U]
the work of covering a wall, house etc with paintpainting and decoratingBrE
1. What am I bid (for this painting)? （这幅画）给我个价, 诸位愿意出多少钱?
2. The painting has been authenticated as an original. 这幅画已被证明是真迹。
3. This painting is a masterpiece. 这幅画是名画。
4. They knew the painting was a forgery. Moreover, they knew who had painted it. 他们知道那幅画是膺品. 而且还知道是谁仿画的.
5. The woman in this painting has a pensive smile. 画中的女人有哀怨的笑容。
6. This kind of original painting is hard to procure. 这种油画的原作是不易弄到的。
7. The young artist made a replica of the famous painting. 那位年轻的画家照着名画摹仿了一幅。
8. This painting is a representation of a storm at sea. 这幅油画表现的是海上风暴.
9. The tiny painting proved to be an unknown masterpiece by Correggio and was worth hundreds of thousands of pounds. 那幅不大的画原来是柯勒乔的一幅未被发现的杰作，价值几十万英镑。
10. The painting shows a serious-looking man and a woman standing in front of a farmhouse. 画面展示了一男一女，男子神色严肃，和一位女子立在农舍之前。