名词复数:parries 动词过去式:parried 过去分词:parried 现在分词:parrying 第三人称单数:parries
v (pt, pp parried) [Tn]
1 turn aside or ward off (a blow or an attack) by using one's own weapon or one's hand to block it （用手中武器或徒手）格开, 挡开（打击）. =>illus at fencing (fence) 见fencing插图.
2 (fig 比喻) avoid having to answer (sth) 对（某事）避而不答, 支吾搪塞
*parry an awkward question 回避一令人尴尬的问题.
n act of parrying, esp in fencing and boxing 挡开, 闪避（尤指击剑和拳击中）.
v past tense and past participleparriedpresent participleparryingthird person singularparries
Probably from French
, from parer; PARE
] [I and T]
to defend yourself against someone who is attacking you by pushing their weapon or hand to one side
= deflect It is far easier to parry a direct blow than to stop it forcibly. [T]
to avoid answering a question that is difficult to answer or that someone does not want to answer He parried all her questions about his work.>parryn[C]
1. By then, Miss Parry had crawled (爬行) to the back of the building, where doors to the apartment house held out hope for safety. 此时帕里小姐已经爬到了大楼的后面，那儿的门提供了逃生的希望。
2. Twenty-eight-year-old Marissa Parry was returning home from her job as manager of a bar (酒吧). 28岁的玛丽莎·帕里是一家酒吧的经理，当时正下班回家。
3. The man returned to Miss Parry, now trying to make her way around the side of the building by the parking lot to get to her apartment. 那男子又折回到帕里小姐身边。当时她正拼命绕过停车场边的楼房走进自己的公寓。
4. Miss Parry noticed a man at the far end of the lot, near a seven-story apartment house. 此时，帕里小姐注意到，在一座七层公寓大楼附近的停车场的尽头有一名男子。
5. Miss Parry screamed: “Oh, my God, he stabbed me! 帕里小姐尖声叫道，"哦，天哪，他拿刀刺我。
6. Miss Parry struggled to her feet. 帕里小姐挣扎着站了起来。
7. Miss Parry staggered to her feet. 帕里小姐摇摇晃晃地站起来。
8. It was 3:50 by the time the police received their first call, from a man who was a neighbor of Miss Parry. 警察第一次接到电话时已是3：50。报警的是个男人，是帕里小姐的一个邻居。
9. It was 4:25 AM when the ambulance arrived to take the body of Miss Parry. 当救护车开来运帕里小姐的尸体时，已是4：25。