1 very small bit or piece (of sth) 微粒; 粒子
*particles of dust/dust particles 尘埃
* He choked on a particle of food. 他让一小粒食物噎住了.
2 smallest possible amount 极少量
*There's not a particle of truth in her story. 她讲的没有一句实话.
3 (also ad,verbial `particle) (grammar) word (eg away, back, down) used esp after a verb to show position, direction of movement, etc 副词小词（如away、back、down, 尤用于动词後, 表示位置、运动方向等）
*In `break down' and `tell sb off', `down' and `off' are adverbial particles. 在break down和tell sb off两词组中, down和off都是副词小词.
1300-1400; Language: Latin;Origin:
particula, from pars; PART1
a very small piece of something dust particlesparticle of tiny particles of soilnot a particle of truth/evidence etc
no truth etc at all There's not a particle of truth in what he says.
one of the very small pieces of matter that an atom consists oftechnical
an adverb or preposition
that can combine with a verb to form a phrasal verb
1. There´s not a particle of truth in his story. 他的故事没有一点真实性.
2. An ocean wave passing through deep water causes a particle on the surface to move in a roughly circular orbit, drawing the particle first towards the advancing wave, 穿过深水的海浪使水面上的一个微粒按照一种近乎圆形的轨道移动，先把微粒拉向前移动的海浪，
3. Ion is electrically charged particle formed by losing or gaining electrons. 离子是获得或失去电子后带电的微粒。
4. If we could actually see the path described by a particle, such as a sand grain in the rock, 假如我们真能看到诸如岩石中一个沙粒子的运动轨迹，