名词:penner 动词过去式:penned 过去分词:penned 现在分词:penning 第三人称单数:pens
1 [C] (often in compounds 常用以构成复合词) instrument for writing with ink, consisting of a pointed piece of split metal, a metal ball, etc, fixed into a metal or plastic holder （用有颜色液体书写的）笔; 钢笔; 圆珠笔
*fountain pen 自来水笔
* ball-point pen 圆珠笔
* felt-tip pen 毡头笔.
2 [sing] writing, esp as a profession 写作（尤指职业性的）
*He lives by his pen. 他靠写作为生.
3 (idm 习语) the ,pen is ,mightier than the `sword (saying 谚) poets, thinkers, etc, affect human affairs more than soldiers do 笔墨胜刀剑. put ,pen to `paper (fml 文) (start to) write sth, eg a letter （开始）写（信等）. a slip of the pen/tongue => slip1.
v (-nn-) [Tn] (fml 文) write (a letter, etc) 写（信等）
*She penned a few words of thanks. 她写了几句致谢的话.
1 small piece of land surrounded by a fence, esp for keeping cattle, sheep, poultry, etc in （牛、羊、家禽等的）圈, 围栏
*a `sheep-pen 羊圈.
2 bomb-proof shelter for submarines （潜艇用的）防空隐蔽坞.
v (-nn-) (phr v) pen sb/sth in/up shut sb/sth in, or as if in, a pen 将某人[某物]（宛如）关入围栏中
*pen up the chickens for the night 把鸡关进鸡棚过夜
* She feels penned in by her life as a housewife. 她觉得做家庭主妇很受束缚.
n (US infml 口) penitentiary （联邦或州的）监狱.
The Suntory Open was a golf tournament on the Japan Golf Tour. It was first played in 1973.
1. But as the paper moved from side to side under the pen point, its movement would be recorded in ink upon its surface. 由于纸在笔下来回运动，纸的表面就会用墨水记录下地板运动的情况。
2. While I write my pen moves, but the paper keeps still. 我写字时，笔是移动的，纸是静止的。
3. With practice, no doubt, I could in time learn to write by holding the pen still while the paper moved. 毫无疑问，经过练习，我最终能够学会笔不动而纸动来写字。
4. The pen slipped onto the floor. 钢笔滑落到地板上了。
5. This is a pen. 这是一钢笔.
6. The ideal to be aimed at was to devise an instrument that could record with a pen on paper, the movements of the ground or of the table as the quake passed by. 理想的目标是设计出这样一种仪器：当地震发生时，它能用笔在纸上记录下大地和桌子运动情况。
7. The man said that the pen was worth $50, but as a special favour, he would let me have it for $30. 那人说那支笔值50英镑，作为特别优惠，他愿意让我出30英镑成交。
8. This is a pen. 这是一支钢笔。
9. No matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to fill this beautiful pen with ink and to this day it has never written a single word! 然而不管我如何摆弄，那枝漂亮的钢笔就是吸不进墨水来。直到今天，那枝笔连一个字也没写过！
10. He dipped his pen into the ink. 他拿钢笔蘸墨水。