miss,mit＝to send（送）,to throw（投;掷）
n [U] ~ (to do sth) act of allowing sb to do sth; consent 许可; 准许; 允许; 同意
*You have my permission to leave. 我准你离开.
* She refused to give her permission. 她拒不同意.
* They entered the area without permission. 他们未经许可擅入该地.
* with your (kind) permission, ie if you will allow me 如蒙俯允.
when someone is officially allowed to do something You must ask permission before taking any photographs inside the church. They didn't have permission to cross the frontier. Who gave him permission to leave class early?permission from He obtained permission from his boss before talking to the press.permission for the Council's decision to refuse permission for the development Pages should not be copied without the permission of the publisher. With your permission , I should like to visit Mrs Thorne myself. The paintings are reproduced by kind permission of the National Gallery.
COLLOCATES for sense 1ask/request/apply for permissiongive/grant permissionget/obtain/receive permissionhave permission (to do something)refuse/deny (somebody) permissionwith/without (somebody's) permissionspecial/written permissionby kind permission of somebodyformal
(=used for saying who allowed something) HINT sense 1Permission
is an uncountable noun. Do not say 'a permission' or 'the permission'.
1. By a quirk of fate, Humboldt and Bonpland met Mariano Luis de Urquijo, Prime Minister of Spain, who was able to obtain for them the permission to visit the Spanish empire in South America. 由于命运的安排，洪堡和庞普朗遇到了西班牙首相乌而吉乔，他可以使他们得到前往南美洲的西班牙帝国去访问的许可。
2. Their government granted them permission to leave the country. 我们的政府批准他们离境。
3. Two years ago, a 15-member team at the 115-year-old teaching hospital, under pressure to cut costs from a health maintenance organization (HMO), was given permission by the hospital's top manager to find a way to get the tube removed sooner. 两年前，出于一家保健组织（HMO）要求减少成本的压力，这家有115年历史的教学医院组建了一支15人小组，他们得到医院总经理的许可来研制一种方法，以便尽早去掉导管。
4. No one wanted to take the responsibility for permitting an operation, yet no one would give permission to stop feeding the patient entirely. 没有人愿意承担允许施行手术的责任，然而也没有人愿意允许完全停止给病人进食。
5. You have my permission to leave. 我准你离开.
6. Permission was granted and a policeman accompanied him to a pay phone. 警察同意了，陪他来到一个投币地电话前，
7. “The contract gives us permission to talk about issues which students forget or are afraid to talk about,” says the director of residential programs. 宿舍管理处主任说："合同允许我们处理一些同学们没有想到或不愿谈及的问题。"