spec,spect＝to see,to look（看见）
1 (a) [U] art of drawing solid objects on a flat surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth and position in relation to each other 透视法
*She drew a row of trees receding into the distance to demonstrate the laws of perspective. 她画了一排由近而远高度递减的树以演示透视法的规律.
* [attrib 作定语] a perspective drawing 一幅透视画.
(b) [C] drawing made this way 透视图. =>illus 见插图.
2 [C] view, esp one stretching into the distance 远景, 景（尤指由近而远的）
*get a perspective of the whole valley 取整个山谷的远景
* (fig 比喻) a personal perspective of the nation's history 国家历史之我见.
3 (idm 习语) in/out of perspective
(a) showing the correct/incorrect relationship between visible objects 可见物体的位置或比例正确[不正确]; 按照[不按照]透视法
*draw the buildings in perspective 按比例画某建筑物
* That tree on the left of the picture is out of perspective. 画中左边那棵树不合比例.
(b) [U] in a way that does not exaggerate any aspect/that exaggerates some aspects 不夸大[夸大]; 恰当[不恰当]
*He sees things in their right perspective. 他观察事物很正确.
* view/put/see sth in (its true/its proper) perspective 从实际的[恰当的]角度观察[处置/看待]某事物
* see the events in their historical perspective 用历史的观点看待这些事件
* get things badly out of perspective 处事极为失当.
1300-1400; Language: Medieval Latin;Origin:
perspectiva, from perspectivus 'of sight'
, from Latin
perspicere 'to look through, see clearly'
a way of thinking about something, especially one which is influenced by the type of person you are or by your experiences
→viewpointperspective on His father's death gave him a whole new perspective on life.from sb's perspective The novel is written from a child's perspective.from a feminist/Christian/global etc perspective We have to look at everything from an international perspective. a much-needed historical perspectivewider/broader perspective Our work in Uganda and Romania adds a wider perspective.[U]
a sensible way of judging and comparing situations so that you do not imagine that something is more serious than it really is I think Viv's lost all sense of perspective . The figures have to be put into perspective .get/keep sth in perspective
(=judge the importance of something correctly) [U]
a method of drawing a picture that makes objects look solid and shows distance and depth, or the effect this method produces in a picture the artist's use of perspective[C]formal
a view, especially one in which you can see a long way into the distance
1. This places time in a different perspective. 这就产生了对时间的不同见解。
2. He tends to view most issues from a religious perspective. 他常用宗教观点看待大多数问题。
3. You maintain (保持) balance and perspective, mainly through relying frequently on sarcasm (讽刺) and irreverence (不敬). 虽然你生活的任何方面的问题好像远比过去更容易地把你推进暂时的绝望的境地，但你还是有一些很重要的东西可以依赖--那些富有爱心的人们，你自己的幽默感，你的才干，你的猫和你那许许多多的希望。
4. Sure, everyone wants to be financially comfortable, but we also want to feel we have a perspective on the world beyond the confines of our occupation; 诚然，每个人都想在经济上富裕点。但是我们还希望能感受到自己对职业范围以外的世界是有着透彻的理解的；
5. But the scientific dust has long since settled, and today we can see even his famous clash with the Inquisition in something like its proper perspective. 但是，自他逝世以来，那场科学上的纷争早已平息了下来，甚至他和宗教法庭的著名冲突，我们今天也能正确如实地看待。