形容词:phasic 动词过去式:phased 过去分词:phased 现在分词:phasing 第三人称单数:phases
1 [C] stage in a process of change or development 阶段; 时期
*a phase of history 历史的一个阶段
* a critical phase of an illness 疾病的危险期
* the most exciting phase of one's career 事业上最得意的时期
* The child is going through a difficult phase. 那孩子正经历着困难的阶段.
* (infml 口) It's just a phase (she's going through), eg in childhood or adolescence. 就是（她正在经历的）那么一个阶段（如处于儿童时期或青春期）.
2 [C] amount of the bright surface of the moon that is visible at a given time (new moon, full moon, etc) （月球的）位相, 消长盈亏（新月、满月等）
*the phases of the moon 月相.
3 (idm 习语) in/out of phase being/not being in the same state at the same time 同相[异相]; 同步[不同步]; 协调[不协调]
*The two sets of traffic lights were out of phase (ie did not show the same change at the same time) and several accidents occurred. 那两组交通灯不同步因而发生了几起事故.
1 [Tn esp passive 尤用于被动语态] plan or carry out sth in stages 按阶段计画或进行某事
*The modernization of the industry was phased over a 20-year period. 工业现代化分20年逐步实现.
* a phased withdrawal of troops 分阶段撤军.
2 (phr v) phase sth in introduce sth gradually or in stages 逐步或分阶段引进某事物
*The use of lead-free petrol is now being phased in. 无铅汽油的应用现正逐步推广. phase sth out withdraw or discontinue sth gradually or in stages 逐步或分阶段撤出或中止某事物
*The old currency will have been phased out by 1990. 旧币分阶段至1990年将全部禁止流通.
1. But this phase of our development is now finished. 但这个发展阶段已经结束。
2. Balanced at the edge of a narrow white platform, I am about to jump head first into a hot new phase of Japan's leisure boom: indoor sky diving, without a parachute. 我在一块窄窄的白色跳板前端站稳，准备头朝下跳出去。这一跳将跳进日本休闲热中的一个崭新的热门项目：室内蹦极跳，不带降落伞的。
3. The idea of colonising Mars----a world 160 times more distant than the Moon----will move decisively from the second phase to the third, when a significant number of people are living permanently in space. 如果有相当数量的人永久性地住在太空，征服火星的计划 -- 一个比月球远160倍的星球 -- 就可以明确地从第2阶段进入第3阶段。
4. Luckily her disease was discovered in an early phase. 幸运的是, 她的病在早期就被发现了。
5. For the 30 years I have been a doctor, and for hundreds of years before that, doctors and families have been quietly cooperating to decide what is best for a patient in the final phase of an illness. 在我行医的30年里，以及在这之前的数百年里，医生和病人家属一直合作默契，共同决定在疾病的最后阶段怎么做才对病人最好。
6. Financial experts say that Euro Disneyland, the first phase of which is costing an estimated $3.6 billion, is essential to Disney's overall fortunes, which have been hit by competition and declining attendance in the United States. 欧洲迪斯尼乐园的第一期工程预计将花费36亿美元，财政专家说这一项目对迪斯尼的总体财富非常重要。迪斯尼在美国已遭遇到了竞争，游客量正在下降。