/'pleɪə(r); `pleɚ/ n
1 person who plays a game 游戏者; 选手; 运动员
*a game for four players 四人玩的游戏
* She's an excellent `tennis player. 她是优秀的网球选手.
* Two players were injured during the match. 有两名运动员在比赛中受伤.
2 actor 演员.
3 person who plays a musical instrument 演奏者
*a `trumpet player 吹奏小号的人.
4 = record-player (record1).
someone who takes part in a game or sport a basketball player
one of the important people, companies, countries etc that is involved in and influences a situation, especially one involving competitiona major/dominant/key etc player a firm that is a dominant player on Wall Streetplayer in/on a key player in world affairsa CD/record/video etc player
a machine that is used to play CDs, videos etc
someone who plays a musical instrument a guitar player
a man who has sexual relationships with many different womenold-fashioned
1. Every baseball player envies him, he is preeminent above all his rivals for pitching. 每个棒球球员都羡慕他，因为在投球方面，他胜过任何竞争者。
2. Want to get rich? Become famous? You don't have to be a film star or a basketball player or a musician. You can do it by becoming an inventor. 想富起来吗？想出名吗？你并不一定要成为影星、篮球运动员或音乐家。你可以通过当发明家来实现自己的梦想。
3. Want to listen to your favorite guitar player's latest jazz cassette? 是不是想听听你最喜欢的吉他手最新的爵士乐磁带？
4. The player´s injury incapacitated him for participating in the football match . 运动员的伤势使得他无法参加足球比赛.
5. The referee ruled that the player must leave the field. 裁判决定那个运员必须下场。
6. The football player injured his spine. 那个足球运动员的脊骨受了伤。
7. The latter name particularly bothers me since my name is Joe, which some think makes me more qualified to be a baseball player than, say, an art critic. 后面的那个名字特别使我烦恼，因为我的名字也叫乔。有些人认为这个名字使我更适合于做一个棒球运动员而不是，比如说，艺术评论家。
8. He is a energetic tennis player. 他是一个精力充沛的网球运动员.
9. She was the mother of seven, grandmother of eighteen, an active member of her church, a leader of volunteer associations in her community, a concert piano player, and a piano teacher for over thirty years. 原来她是7个孩子的母亲，18个孩子的祖母，教会里的活跃分子，社区志愿者协会的领导人，音乐会钢琴演奏家，从教30余年的钢琴教师。
10. “I kept playing the same disk in my CD player for a whole day once just to test her because she was so timid,” says Noel. “It took her until dinner time to finally change it.” "我曾从早到晚用CD机播放同一张碟，就是为了试试她，因为她太羞怯了，" 诺埃尔说，"直到那天晚饭时，她才终于改变了她的羞怯。"