(a) area of land where children play, eg as part of a school 游戏场, 运动场（如学校的操场）.
(b) (fig 比喻) area where people like to go on holiday 度假胜地
*The island has become a playground for the rich businessmen of the city. 那个岛已成为城里富商的度假胜地.
an area for children to play, especially at a school or in a park, that often has special equipment for climbing on, riding on etc
children shouting and running in the playground
a place where a particular group of people go to enjoy themselves
the playground of the rich
1. We are playing football on the playground. 我们在操场上踢足球.
2. The creation of new playground will benefit the local children. 新游乐场的建立将给当地的孩子带来益处。
3. Across the playground, a girl falls off the bottom of the slide and bursts into tears. 操场的对面，一个女孩从滑梯的底端滑出来，呜呜地哭了起来。
4. Sam is now a year and a half old, big enough to cross the playground's bouncy bridge himself. 山姆现在一岁半了，有能力自己穿过操场上的蹦蹦桥。
5. I'm sitting on a bench at the playground, eating a chicken salad next to four woman nannies, all twice my age. 我坐在操场旁的长椅上，吃着一份鸡肉色拉，旁边有四个女保姆，年龄都比我大一倍。