adj.肯定的,实际的,积极的,绝对的,确实的 adj.[数]正的 adj.[电]阳的 adj.[语法] 原级的
pos＝to place,to put（置,放）
1 with no possibility of doubt; clear and definite 无可怀疑的; 明确的; 确定的
*positive instructions, orders, rules, etc 明确的指示、命令、规定等
* We have no positive proof of her guilt. 我们没有她犯罪的确切证据.
2 ~ (about sth/that...) (of a person) confidently holding an opinion; convinced （指人）有把握的, 确信的
*Are you absolutely positive that it was after midnight? 你是否有绝对把握认为那事是在午夜以後发生的?
* She was quite positive about the amount of money involved. 她对所涉及的钱数十分肯定.
3 (a) providing help; constructive 有助益的; 建设性的
*make positive proposals, suggestions, etc 提出有益的建议、意见等
* Try to be more positive in dealing with the problem. 对解决该问题再积极一些.
(b) showing confidence and optimism 自信的; 乐观的
*a positive attitude, feeling, etc 乐观的态度、情绪等
* positive thinking, ie a determined mental attitude that helps one achieve success 必胜的思想.
4 (infml 口) absolute; complete 彻底的; 绝对的; 完全的
*Her behaviour was a positive outrage. 她的行为残暴到了极点.
* It was a positive miracle that we arrived on time. 我们能够及时赶到, 这简直是奇迹.
5 (of the results of a test or an experiment) indicating that a substance is present （指试验或实验的结果）表明存在某物质的, 阳性的
*a positive reaction 阳性反应
* The tests proved positive. 试验结果呈阳性.
* They were hoping for a positive result from the experiment. 他们希望从实验中获得阳性结果.
6 (mathematics 数) (of a quantity) greater than zero （指数量）正的
*a positive number 正数
* the positive sign (+) 正号.
7 tending towards increase or improvement 倾向于增加或改善的
*Positive progress has been achieved during the negotiations. 谈判取得了良好的进展.
* There have been positive developments in international relations. 国际关系已逐步改善.
* positive discrimination, ie deliberately favouring an underprivileged group, esp in employment policy 具有积极意义的区别对待（尤指在就业政策中所实施的偏向贫困阶层的做法）.
8 containing or producing the type of electrical charge produced by rubbing glass with silk 正电的; 正极的
*a positive charge 正电荷
* the positive terminal of a battery, ie the one through which electric current leaves the battery 电池的正极端子.
9 (of a photograph) showing light and shadows as in nature or in the object photographed, not reversed as in a negative （指照片）正片的
*a positive image 正片影像. Cf 参看 negative.
10 (grammar) (of an adjective or adverb) in the simple form, not the comparative or superlative （指形容词或副词）原级的（非比较级的或最高级的）.
1 (grammar) positive adjective 原级形容词
*`Silly' is the positive and `sillier' the comparative. *silly 是原级形容词, sillier是比较级形容词.
2 positive quality or quantity 确实; 正量; 正数.
3 photograph printed from a negative plate or film （照片的）正片.
1. Because of this positive method, I eagerly answered all the questions I could, never worrying much about making mistakes. 由于这种积极的教学方法，我踊跃回答各种问题，从不怕答错。
2. 'We kind of like that spirit. We don't like it with the negative attitudes. We want to turn that spirit positive.'" '我们有几分喜欢这种活力，但并不喜欢它消极的一面，而是要将它转化成积极的一面。'"
3. When you smile, you show you have noticed the person in a positive way. 如果你微笑，就表明你以一种积极的方式注意到了那个人。
4. When my HIV test results returned positive, I was shocked and confused. Was I dying? Was my shot at the '88 Olympics vaporized? 当我知道自己的艾滋病检验结果是阳性时，我感到震惊和困惑。我会死去吗？我想在88年奥运会上再铸辉煌的心愿会化为泡影吗？
5. What should I do? During this very difficult time, I couldn't tell anyone for fear I wouldn't be able to compete in the Olympics if people learned I was HIV-positive. 我该怎么办？然而在这艰难的时刻，我却不能把这些告诉任何人，因为一旦人们知道我是艾滋病毒阳性，我便不能参加奥运会比赛了。
6. We'd like to share some of the positive meanings love has for us. 我们想与大家一起分享我们对爱情的一些积极看法。
7. There is positive proof that he did it. 有确凿的证据证明他做了这件事。
8. None knew how hard it had been, except Ron and the friends I'd told I was HIV-positive. 除了知道我是艾滋病毒阳性的罗恩和几个朋友，没有人知道这是多么的不容易。
9. As far as Humboldt was concerned, they only did him one positive service. 至于洪堡，只让他们帮忙做固定的一件事。
10. A succession of scientific studies of animals implies that physical activity has a positive effect on mental functioning. 对动物的一系列科学研究表明，体育活动对智力的发挥有积极作用。