名词:praiser 动词过去式:praised 过去分词:praised 现在分词:praising 第三人称单数:praises
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.n/a] ~ sb/sth (for sth); ~ sb/sth as sth express approval or admiration for sb/sth 称赞或赞赏某人[某事物]
*The guests praised the meal. 客人们称赞这顿饭做得好.
* He was obviously expecting to be praised. 他显然想要得到表扬.
* He praised her for her courage. 他赞扬她很勇敢.
* Critics praised the work as highly original. 评论家们称赞该作品独树一帜.
2 [Tn] honour or glorify (God) in prayer; worship 赞美, 颂扬（上帝）; 崇拜.
3 (idm 习语) praise, etc sb to the skies => sky.
1 expression of approval or admiration; act of praising (praise1 1)称赞; 赞美; 赞扬
*high (ie great) praise 高度的赞扬
* courage beyond (ie too great for) praise 无与伦比的勇气
* He received praise from his colleagues for winning the prize. 他因获得该奖而受到同事们的称赞.
* an achievement worthy of great praise 值得大加表扬的成绩
* The leader spoke in praise of those who had died for their country. 领导人表彰为国捐躯的人们.
2 worship (of God); glory （对上帝的）崇拜; 荣耀
*a hymn of praise 赞美诗
* Praise be (to God), ie Thank goodness! 谢天谢地!
3 (idm 习语) be loud in one's praise => loud. damn sb/sth with faint praise => damn1. sing sb's/sth's praises => sing.
1. They sang a hymn of praise to God. 他们唱着圣歌赞美上帝。
2. No creature has received more praise and abuse than the common garden snail. 没有一种生物所受到的赞美和厌恶会超过花园里常见的蜗牛了。
3. Aunt Harriet could not find words to praise Bessie´s industriousness and efficiency. 哈丽特不知该用什么言辞来赞扬贝西的勤奋与高效。
4. At first that felt like praise. Then I became a bit uneasy. 起初我会感到那是赞扬，后来觉得有点不安。
5. People wrote many poems in praise of our beloved Premier Zhou. 人们写了许多诗词歌颂我们敬爱的周总理。
6. Praise always stimulates him to further efforts/to make greater efforts. 一表扬他就能激励他更加努力.
7. Parents are often upset when their children praise the homes of their friends and regard it as a slur on their own cooking, or cleaning, or furniture, and often are foolish enough to let the adolescents see that they are annoyed. 当家长听到孩子赞扬自己朋友的家时，总感到不安，认为孩子在嫌弃自家的饭菜、卫生、或家具，而且愚蠢地让孩子看出自己的烦恼。
8. Marx wrote back to say that Engels´ praise had greatly encouraged him. 马克思回信说, 恩格斯的称赞对自己的鼓励很大.
9. Marx wrote back to say that Engels´ praise had greatly encouraged him. 马克思回信说, 恩格斯的称赞对自己的鼓励很大.
10. Vera´s composition is good, but it doesn´s deserve the lavish praise that Linda gave it. 综合症拉的作文不错，但却不值得琳达过度的称赞。