1 house or other buildings with its outbuildings, land, etc （包括附属建筑、土地等在内的）房屋或其他建筑物
*business premises, ie building(s), esp offices, where a business is carried on 事务所
* The firm is looking for larger premises. 该公司正在寻找较大的经营场址.
* He was asked to leave the premises immediately. 人家要他立刻离开该建筑物.
2 (law 律) details of property, names of people, etc specified in the first part of a legal agreement 契据之缘起部分（记述财产之详情、当事人姓名等）.
3 (idm 习语) off the `premises outside the boundary of the premises(1) 在建筑物范围以外
*see sb off the premises, ie take a visitor, etc to the exit 把某人送出大门（送客）. on the `premises in the building
(s), etc 在建筑物等内
*There is always a manager on the premises. 事务所里总有一名主管人员.
* Alcohol may not be consumed on the premises. 场内不准饮酒.
1. When a thief was caught on the premises of a large jewellery store one morning, 一天上午，当一个小偷在一家大型珠宝店里被人抓住的时候，
2. It was necessary to recognize that these institutions which are based on the same premises, let us say the supernatural, must be considered together, our own among the rest. 必须认识到，这些建立在相同前提基础上的风俗，暂且可以说是超自然的东西，必须放在一起加以考虑，我们自己的风俗和其他民族的风俗都在其中。
3. Food bought in this shop may not be eaten on the premises. 在本店购买的食品不准堂吃.