名词:preparer 副词:preparedly 动词过去式:prepared 过去分词:prepared 现在分词:preparing 第三人称单数:prepares
1 [I, Ipr, Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.t] ~ (sb/sth) (for sb/sth) get or make (sb/sth) ready 使（某人）有准备; 把（某事物）准备好; 预备
*I had no time in which to prepare. 我已来不及做准备了.
* prepare for trouble 准备应付麻烦事
* prepare a meal, ie get food ready to be eaten 预备饭菜
* have everything prepared beforehand 事先把一切都准备好
* prepare children for an examination 指导儿童准备考试
* The troops were being prepared for battle/to go into battle. 部队已作好战斗准备[已准备好投入战斗].
2 (idm 习语) be prepared for sth be ready for sth (esp sth unpleasant) 对某事物（尤指令人不愉快者）作好准备
*I knew there were problems, but I was not prepared for this! 我知道有些问题, 却未料到这一点!
* She was prepared for anything to happen. 她已准备好应付一切. be prepared to do sth be able and willing to do sth 能够 并愿意做某事
*I am prepared to lend you the money if you promise to pay it back. 我愿意把钱借给你, 你得答应还给我.
* I am not prepared to stay and listen to these outrageous insults. 我可不愿意在这儿受这种奇耻大辱. prepare the ground (for sth) make it possible or easier to develop sth 为发展某事物准备了条件
*Early experiments with military rockets prepared the ground for space travel. 早期进行的军用火箭试验为宇航事业的发展打下了基础.
3 (phr v) prepare sb for sth cause sb to expect sth (esp sth unpleasant) 使某人对某事物（尤指令人不愉快者）有所准备
*Prepare yourself for a nasty shock! 有件令人十分震惊的事, 你要有所准备!
3【make something ready】
4【make yourself ready】
5【make somebody ready】
6 prepare the way/ground for somebody/something
[Date: 1400-1500; Language: French;Origin: préparer, from Latin praeparare, from parare 'to get, prepare']
【MAKE SOMETHING】 [T]
a) to make a meal or a substance
Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
When we got home, Stephano was busy preparing dinner.
b) to write a document, make a programme etc
Health and safety officers will investigate the site and prepare a report.
Green set himself the task of preparing a map of this remote area.
【MAKE PLANS/ARRANGEMENTS】 [I and T]
to make plans or arrangements for something that will happen in the future
= get ready prepare for
The 45 year-old explorer has been preparing for his latest expedition to the Arctic.
prepare to do sth
Her parents were busy preparing to go on holiday.
The prosecution wanted more time to prepare their case.
【MAKE SOMETHING READY】 [T]
to make something ready to be used
Prepare the soil, then plant the seedlings 8 inches apart.
prepare sth for sb/sth
Coulthard's team were up all night preparing the car for the race.
【MAKE YOURSELF READY】 [T]
to make yourself mentally or physically ready for something that you expect to happen soon
prepare yourself (for sth)
The letter arrived, and we prepared ourselves for bad news.
Can you just give me a couple more moments to prepare myself?
prepare yourself for a race/fight etc
The Chicago Bears are busy preparing themselves for the big game.
prepare to do sth
Buy the album, and prepare to be amazed.
【MAKE SOMEBODY READY】 [T]
to provide someone with the training, skills, experience etc that they will need to do a job or to deal with a situation
prepare sb for sth
a course that prepares students for English examinations
Schools should do more to prepare children for the world of work.
What does a coach do to prepare his team for the Superbowl?
prepare the way/ground for sb/sth
to make it possible for something to be achieved, or for someone to succeed in doing something
Curie's research prepared the way for the work of modern nuclear scientists.
HINT sense 1
It is fairly formal to say that someone prepares a meal. It is more usual to say that they make or cook a meal: Bella was making dinner.
1. C.You analyze (分析) what the job requires and prepare yourself to do it. c.你分析了该工作的要求，并做好承担该工作的准备。
2. Besides working to improve building structures, people in areas where earthquakes are common need to prepare for the possibility of a great earthquake. 除了设法改善建筑结构外，地震频发区的人们也需要为可能发生的大地震做好防备工作。
3. We must prepare the room for the meeting. 我们必须为会议准备好房间。
4. Is it then not the duty of educational institutions to prepare the way for that revelation? 那么为这种领悟扫清障碍是否是教育机构的责任呢？
5. We ask the parrot if we should prepare steak, or noodles for dinner. 问鹦鹉今天晚餐该做牛排还是面条。
6. To further prepare myself, I offered readings to friends, including a scientist who makes a career of proving popular beliefs to be false. 为了准备充分些，我还主动为朋友们解读牌运，包括为一位科学家，他的职业就是证实一些流行观点的谬误。
7. Those who prepare the horoscopes look for balance so that the woman's strengths balance the man's weaknesses and man's strengths balance the woman's weaknesses. 为人匹配星座的人试图找到一种平衡，使女方的强项弥补男方的弱项，而男方的长处也抵销女方的不足。
8. He asked us to prepare for a quiz. 他要我们准备好测验。
9. Ask how they prepare for tests and suggest studying in a group. You might get some ideas from them. 问问他们是如何备考的，提出和他们一起学习。你也许能从他们那儿得到些启发。
10. My aunt unexpectedly returned one afternoon with a party of guests and instructed Bessie to prepare dinner. 一天下午，她出其不意地回来了，带来一大批客人，吩咐贝西准备晚饭。