1 respect based on good reputation, past achievements, etc 威望; 威信
*lose/regain prestige 失去[恢复]威望
* He suffered a loss of prestige when the scandal was publicized. 这件丑事公开後他便威信扫地.
2 power to impress others, esp as a result of wealth, distinction, glamour, etc 影响力
*have, enjoy, earn prestige in the community 在社会上很有影响
* [attrib 作定语] the prestige value of owning a Rolls Royce 拥有劳斯·莱斯汽车的威风.
Prestige refers to a good reputation or high esteem, though in earlier usage, it meant showiness.
1. Does she have enough prestige to win the nomination? 她有足够的威望赢得提名吗?
2. Does she have enough prestige to win the nomination? 她有足够的威望赢得提名吗?
3. But as soon as the question of prestige arises, 可是一量涉及到荣誉问题，