adj.在前的,早先的 adv.在...以前 返回上一级菜单
1 [attrib 作定语] coming before in time or order （时间或顺序上）先的, 前的
*We had met on a previous occasion. 我们上次见过面.
* He was there the previous day. 他前一天还在那儿呢.
* Who was the previous owner? 谁是以前的属有人?
* I am unable to attend because of a previous engagement. 我因有约在先故不能出席.
* The criminal had had four previous convictions. 这名罪犯有四次前科.
* Applicants for the job must have previous experience. 申请这份工作的人须先前有过这种工作经验.
2 [pred 作表语] (infml 口) done or acting too hastily; presumptuous 操之过急; 自行其是
*Aren't you rather previous in assuming I am going to pay? 你以为我会付款未免太自作聪明了吧?
[Date: 1600-1700; Language: Latin;Origin: praevius 'leading the way', from via 'way']
[only before noun]
having happened or existed before the event, time, or thing that you are talking about now
I've met him before on two previous occasions.
She has two children from a previous marriage.
Do you have any previous experience of this type of work?
The lawyer told the judge that Kennedy had no previous convictions.
the previous day/chapter/owner etc
the one that came immediately before the one you are talking about now
I had met them the previous day.
as we said in the previous chapter
The trees had been planted by the previous owner.
previous to sth
formal before a particular time or event
There were almost no women MPs previous to 1945.
1. Ellis had no previous police record. 艾利斯无前科，
2. We had met on a previous occasion. 我们上次见过面.
3. He was hurt by any allusion to his previous misconduct. 任何提及到他行为失检的话都会伤他的感情。
4. He had started for Rushton & Co. the previous Monday after having been idle for three weeks, and as the house where he was working had to be done through he had congratulated himself on having secured a job that would last till Christmas. 闲了三个星期后，从这个星期一起，他开始为拉什顿公司干活。他暗自庆幸自己找到的工作能干到圣诞节，因为他正在整理的那座房子需要彻底装修。
5. Protecting children from a previous marriage is a strong reason for prenuptial contracts. 保护前一婚姻的孩子是签署婚前契约的一个重要原因。
6. She was more richly carved and ornamented than any previous ship. 它比以往任何船只雕刻得都更加精美，装饰得都更加华丽。
7. It had broken down the previous summer, and though I promised to repair it, I had never got round to it. 那台割草机去年夏天就坏了，尽管我答应修，但一直没抽出时间，