*She had previously worked in television.她以前干过电视这一行.
before now or before a particular time Almost half the group had previously been heavy smokers.two days/three years etc previously
(=two days, three years etc before) Six months previously he had smashed up his car.see usage noteago
1. While white people had previously been used as models for most American coins, famed artist James Earle Fraser went against tradition by using three actual American Indians as models for his creation. 此前一直是白人被用作美国硬币上的模特，而著名的艺术家詹姆斯·厄尔·弗雷泽却反传统而行之，起用了三名真正的美洲印第安人作为自己创作的原型。
2. This realization now entered my life like a flow of water dividing previously dry and solid ground, creating two banks, one of which was my past — so familiar and predictable that even my unhappiness then made me happy now just to think of it; 这种认识就象一股水流一样流进我的生活，把先前干涸坚实的土地一分为二，造成了河流的两岸。河岸的一边是我的过去——这对我来说是如此熟悉, 如此地可以预料，以至于我只要想到它，原先使我感到不快的东西也会使现在的我变得开心起来。
3. And of what had previously been wrong with his wife, 也不知道妻子以前得的是什么病，
4. Shall I make an appointment previously? 要我提前预约吗?
5. Previously, mankind only used the Earth. 从前人类只会利用地球，
6. Concrete pillars for highway bridges that previously only had steel rods inside are now enclosed in steel. 高架桥的水泥柱先前只是在内部埋设钢条，如今外面也包上了钢板。
7. I've always advocated gun control; the odd thing is I still do. It wasn't ignorance of crime statistics that previously kept me from owning a gun nor thinking I was immune to violence. 我一贯主张控制枪支，奇怪的是我现在依然主张控制枪支。以前我没有枪，并不是因为我对有关犯罪的统计资料不了解，也不是因为我自认为可以不受暴力的袭击。