动词过去式:privileged 过去分词:privileged 现在分词:privileging 第三人称单数:privileges
1 (a) [C] special right or advantage available only to a particular person, class or rank, or to the holder of a certain position 特有的权利、利益或好处
*Parking in this street is the privilege of the residents. 在这条街上停车是此处居民特有的权利.
* the privileges of birth, eg the benefits of belonging to a wealthy family 与生俱来的优越（如生于富贵之家而有的利益）.
(b) [U] (derog 贬) rights and advantages possessed by the rich and powerful people in a society （有钱有势者的）特权, 特别待遇
*They fought against privilege in order to create a fairer society. 他们进行反对特权的斗争以便建立较为公平的社会.
* She had led a life of luxury and privilege. 她过着养尊处优的生活.
(a) special benefit given to sb as a favour 特别给予的好处或待遇
*Older pupils enjoy special privileges. 岁数较大的学童受到优待.
* `Thank you for showing us your collection of paintings.' `It's my privilege (ie I am honoured to do so).' ｀感谢你让我们观赏你所收藏的画.＇｀同欢共赏, 不胜荣幸.＇
* Use of the library is a privilege, not a right. 使用该图书馆是一项特殊的照顾,而不是一种权利.
(b) thing that gives one great enjoymentand that most people do not have the opportunity to do 特别的荣幸
*It was a privilege to hear her sing/hearing her sing. 能听她唱歌十分荣幸.
3 [C, U] right to do or say things without risking punishment （无受惩之虞的）言行自由权
*an Act which granted the trade unions certain legal privileges 特准工会享有某些合法言行自由权的法案
* parliamentary privilege, ie the right of Members of Parliament to say things in the House of Commons which might result in an accusation of libel if said outside it 议会言论自由权（国会议员在下议院自由发言的特权, 若在国会以外发表则可能被控以诽谤罪）
* a breach of privilege, ie breaking the rules of parliamentary behaviour 违反议会言论自由权.
1. Why people are prepared to tolerate a four-hour journey each day for the dubious privilege of living in the country is beyond me. 人们为什么情愿每天在路上奔波4个小时去换取值得怀疑的乡间的优点，我是无法理解的。
2. Such is human nature, that a great many people are often willing to sacrifice higher pay for the privilege of becoming white-collar workers. 许多人常常情愿放弃较高的薪水以换取做白领工人的殊荣，此乃人之常情。
3. Slowly, still holding her hand, I become aware that I do not mind this emotional battle, that in fact, it was a privilege she has allowed me, and I would do it again, gladly. 我依然握着她的手，渐渐地，我意识到我并不害怕这种感情之战，意识到这实际是她赐予我的特殊荣幸，而且我还乐意再来一次。
4. Parking in this street is the privilege of the residents. 在这条街上停车是此处居民特有的权利.