n.奖赏,奖金,奖品,捕获,捕获物,战利品 adj.得奖的 vt.珍视,估价,捕获,撬,撬开
动词过去式:prized 过去分词:prized 现在分词:prizing 第三人称单数:prizes
1 award given to the winner of a competition, race, etc （给予获胜者的）奖, 奖励, 奖赏, 奖品, 奖金
*She won first prize in the
100 metres race. 她在百米赛跑中获头奖.
* Her book gained several literary prizes. 她写的书获得好几种文学奖.
2 thing (that can be) won in a lottery or a gambling game （在抽彩或赌博中所中的）奖, 彩金
*He won the
20000 prize on the football pools. 他赢得足球普尔彩金20000英镑.
* She had the prize-winning lottery ticket. 她抽到了得奖的彩票.
* [attrib 作定语] prize money 奖金.
3 (fig 比喻) thing of value worth struggling for 值得争取的有价值的事物
*The greatest prize of all world peace is now within our grasp. 我们为之奋斗的最可贵的事物--世界和平--已指日可待.
4 (esp formerly) ship or its cargo captured at sea during a war （尤指旧时）战时捕获的敌船或其货物, 海上战利品.
adj [attrib 作定语]
(a) winning or likely to win a prize; excellent of its kind （可能）获奖的; 该得奖的; 出类拔萃的
*prize cattle 优选的牛
* a prize exhibit in the flower show 在花展中获奖的展品.
(b) (infml ironic 口, 反语) outstandingly bad; complete 糟透了的; 十足的
*a prize ass, fool, idiot, etc 不折不扣的笨蛋、傻瓜、白痴等.
v [Tn] value (sth) highly 对（某事物）高度重视; 珍视（某事物）
*The portrait of her mother was her most prized possession. 她母亲的这张肖像是她最珍爱的物品.
* I prize my independence too much to go and work for them. 我决不愿意丧失自己的独立性去为他们效劳.
(esp US) = prise.
The John Moores Painting Prize is a biennial award to the best contemporary painting, submission is open to the public.
1. Every year I enter for the garden competition too, and I always win a little prize for the worst garden in the town! 每年的花园竞赛我也参加，但总因是镇上最劣的花园而获得一个小奖！
2. To his joy, he got the first prize. 使他高兴的是, 他获得了第一名.
3. Though he was technically a prize-fighter , Mendoza did much to change crude prize -fighting into a sport. 门杜萨虽然就技术而论是一位职业拳击家，但他为把粗野的职业拳击变为一项运动做了不少贡献。
4. The opening of Eastern Europe is another prize for the company, which thinks that millions of people will put Disneyland at the top of a list of places to visit on their first trip to Western Europe. 东欧的开放对迪斯尼来说又是一大收获，他们认为几百万人将会把迪斯尼乐园作为其首次西欧之旅的首选之地。
5. He won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1921年, 他获得了诺贝尔物理奖.
6. He won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1921年, 他获得了诺贝尔物理奖.
7. He brought home the prize in triumph. 他得意洋洋地捧回奖品。
8. Yesterday, he was awarded a prize, it was a bicycle. 昨天他奖了一辆自行车.
9. She was filled with elation at the news that she won the first prize in her class. 她听到她是班上第名时，感到得意洋洋。
10. She is one of the recipients of the prize. 她是获奖者之一。