ducc＝to lead（领导） 变化型 duct
1 producing or able to produce goods or crops, esp in large quantities 生产（性）的; 有生产能力的; （尤指）多产的
*They work hard, but their efforts are not very productive. 他们很努力, 但效率不太高.
* productive farming land, manufacturing methods 肥沃的农田、富有成效的生产方法
* a productive worker 多产的工作者.
2 achieving a lot; useful 富有成效的; 有益的
*It wasn't a very productivemeeting. 这个会议成效不太大.
* I spent a very productivehour in the library. 我在图书馆里这一小时收获很大.
3 [pred 作表语] ~ of sth (fml 文) resulting in sth; causing sth 造成某种结果; 产生某事物
*The changes were not productive of better labour relations. 这些改变并未能使劳资关系获得改善. > productively adv
*spend one's time productively 时间用得有成效.
producing or achieving a lot
≠ unproductive Most of us are more productive in the morning. a highly productive meeting [only before noun]
relating to the production of goods, crops, or wealth the economy's productive capacityproductive of sthformal
causing or resulting in something The meeting was productive of several good ideas.>productivelyadv
1. Edwin Land, one of America's most productive inventors, claimed the idea leading to his invention of the Polaroid camera came from his three-year-old daughter. 美国最具创造力的发明家之一埃德温·兰德说，使他产生发明宝丽来相机这一想法的是他三岁的女儿。
2. We have systematically looked down on old women, kept them out of productive life, judged them primarily in terms of failing capacities and functions, and then found them pitiful. 我们一贯从各方面瞧不起老年妇女，不让她们参加生产活动，主要从其日渐衰落的能力和作用上去评价她们，还要说她们很可怜。
3. Try Dali's trick, or just allow yourself to daydream. Often, the "three bs" — bed, bath and bus — are productive. 不妨试一试达利的方法或者干脆让自己冥思遐想。往往三个"b"是十分奏效的，即床上、浴室和公共汽车里。
4. He is a productive writer. 他是个多产作家。
5. Despite lip service to the contrary ("a balanced employee is a productive employee"), most employers want loyal employees who work longer hours, rewarding them with higher pay and better benefits. 大多数雇主尽管口头上说得很漂亮（"生活作息保持平衡的雇员是效率高的雇员"），可他们需要的是忠心耿耿的、愿意超时间工作的雇员，并用高薪和更多的福利来奖励他们。