n [C, U] substance found in meat, eggs, fish, etc that is an important body-building part of the diet of humans and animals 蛋白质; 朊
*essential proteins and vitamins 必不可少的蛋白质和维生素
* They were weakened by a diet that was low in protein. 他们日常饮食中蛋白质含量不足, 因而身体虚弱.
* [attrib 作定语] protein deficiency 蛋白质缺乏.
n [U and C]
[Date: 1800-1900; Language: French;Origin: protéine, from Greek protos 'first']
one of several natural substances that exist in food such as meat, eggs, and beans, and which your body needs in order to grow and remain strong and healthy
1. However, most people with low iron reserves don't know they have a deficiency, because traditional methods of calculating the amount of iron in blood (by checking levels of the blood protein that transports oxygen) are not sufficient, Beard states. 然而，比尔德指出，大多数铁离子储量低的人并未意识到自己缺铁，因为传统的检测血液中铁离子储量的方法——只检验血液中输送氧气的血蛋白的含量——是不够的。
2. Protein is the base of life. 蛋白质是生命的基础。
3. Fatigue and poor performance may begin to appear in the second stage of deficiency, when not enough iron is present to form the molecules of blood protein that transport oxygen to the working muscles. 到了缺铁的第二阶段，就会出现疲倦和力不从心，此时体内已没有足够的铁来形成血蛋白分子，将氧输至运动着的肌肉。