1 (also psychical / 5saIkIkl;`saIkIkl/)
(a) concerned with processes and phenomena that seem to be outside physical or natural laws 关于通灵的; 超自然的
*psychical research, ie the study and investigation of psychical phenomena, eg telepathy 通灵研究（研究心灵现象, 如心灵感应）.
(b) of the soul or mind 灵魂的; 心灵的.
2 (claiming to be) able to respond to or exercise supernatural or occult powers （自称）通灵的, 有特异功能的
*She claims to be psychic and to be able to foretell the future. 她自称有特异功能, 能预知未来.
n person claiming or appearing to be responsive to supernatural powers （自称）通灵的或有特异功能的人; 巫师.
1. But the satisfied customers — mostly women — didn't look like they could afford $3.99 a minute to talk to a psychic on the phone. 但是这些心满意足的客户--大部分是女性--看上去似乎不愿意支付每分钟3.99美元的电话费来和一个通灵大师在电话里聊天。
2. Before long, I dialed Psychic Readers Network to discuss their business and people like Teneecia. 不久，我给通灵大师热线公司打电话，想跟他们谈谈他们的生意和像特尼莎这样的人。
3. We have six people testing every psychic every month. 我们每月有6个人检测每位通灵大师的工作。
4. The first time I saw a psychic television commercial (通灵大师电视商业广告), I wasn't as interested in the famous people advertising the service as I was in ordinary people talking about the life-transforming psychic help they had received. 第一次看到通灵大师电视商业广告时，我对名人做广告没有多少兴趣，倒是对普通人谈论通灵大师如何帮助他们改变生活兴趣很大。
5. To start my career, I took a nine-hour class with a fast-talking woman who made a living reading tarot cards at psychic fairs and for private customers. 为了开始我的工作，我到一个快嘴妇人那儿上了9小时的课程。她谋生的手段是在通灵大师集市上或私下里为顾客解读塔罗特牌。
6. This would take up a lot of time and keep the client on the line past the first two minutes that Psychic Readers offered free. 这样做可以多耗时间，使通话时间超过"通灵大师热线"免费提供的头两分钟。
7. "Thank you for calling the Psychic Network (通灵热线)," I said as I started my presentation. 感谢拨打通灵热线，" 我一边说，一边开始了我的表演。
8. As I recall, an office manager said her psychic (通灵大师) told her that the first man she talked to at a Christmas (圣诞) party would become her husband — now they're married and expecting a child. 我至今记得，有一个办公室主任说，她的通灵大师告诉她，圣诞晚会上与她交谈的第一位男士将会成为她的丈夫。现在他们已经结婚了，孩子也即将出世。
9. At the time, I was a struggling writer. I decided to get a job as a psychic and then write about it. 当时，我还是个为生计苦苦挣扎的作家，所以决定去做一份通灵大师的工作，然后再写写这方面的故事。
10. You're my psychic friend." 你真是我的心灵之友。"