1 (in Britain, esp England) private school (usu a boarding-school) for pupils aged between
18 whose parents pay fees for their education 公学（英国, 尤指英格兰之私立付费学校, 通常实行寄宿制, 学生年龄为13岁至18岁）. Cf 参看 preparatory school (preparatory).
2 (esp in the US) local state school providing free education （尤指美国地方开办的免费的）公立学校.
in Britain, a private school for children aged between 13 and 18, whose parents pay for their education. The children often live at the school while they are studying
a free local school, especially in the US and Scotland, controlled and paid for by the government
1. Even people who take no interest in art cannot have failed to notice examples of modern sculpture on display in public places. 即使是对艺术不感兴趣的人也不会注意到在公共场所展示的现代艺术品。
2. Electronic monitors would watch over the public areas so that there would be little crime. 电子监视器将对公共场所进行监视，因此犯罪活动可能很少。
3. * public health workers to eradicate the mosquito and its breeding places; * 公共卫生工作者来根除蚊子以及它们繁衍的地方；
4. * public officials to organize and direct projects fighting malaria. * 公职人员组织和指导与疟疾作斗争的项目。
5. Even young students who plan on staying in the United States just long enough to finish two semesters of high school have difficulty finding a host family. 甚至那些计划在美国完成两个学期中学课程的年轻学生也很难找到接待家庭。
6. Every year the United States is host to an average of 78,000 foreign high school level students, of which 3,000 are Brazilian. 美国平均每年要接待78,000名中学学历程度的外国学生，其中3,000个来自巴西。
7. Every other school was, 'Get out, we don't want to deal with you. 'I came here and they said, 其他每所学校都会说：'滚出去！我们这儿不要你。'我来到这儿，他们却说：
8. Boys who live at school sleep in a dormitory. 住校的男生在宿舍里睡觉。
9. But so far, the public has expressed its gratitude to the students in letters to the Press. 但是到目前为止，公众已写信给报社，向大学生表示了谢意。
10. But so far, the public has expressed its gratitude to the students in letters to the Press. 但到目前为止，公众已经向新闻界写信表达他们对学生们的感激之情了。