adj [not before noun]BrE
upset or offended
She felt put out that she hadn't been consulted.
1. Eventually chains were fixed to one end of the dish and a powerful winch was put into operation. 不过，他们终于将链条固定在盘子的一端，一台大功率的绞车开动起来。
2. Eat these foods with plentiful Vitamin C (for example, drink orange juice with cereal or put a tomato on a sandwich) to enhance the amount of iron absorbed." 摄取含有大量维生素C的食物——比如吃麦片时喝橘子汁，或在三明治内夹上番茄——可以促进铁离子的吸收。"
3. Brute force was used to put down the revolt. 使用残忍的武力平息反叛。
4. By the end of October 1886, the statue had been put together again and it was officially presented to the American people by Bartholdi. 到1886年10月底，这座雕像被重新组装起来，由巴索尔地正式赠送给美国人民。
5. But, one morning Miss Sullivan took Helen to a water pond, and she put Helen´s hand under the water. 直到一天早晨，萨莉文小姐带着海伦来到一个池塘边，她把海伦的手放进水里，
6. But few foreign graduates came home to "pay their pledge", as Nehru had put it. 但是只有寥寥无几的海外留学生像尼赫鲁所说的那样学成后回国"履行他们的诺言"。
7. But, as I walked out of the garage, KFC chicken in hand, a portly, unshaven young man in a stocking cap and dark nylon jacket emerged from the shrub by the parking pad and put his pistol between my eyes. 可是当我手里拿着肯德基炸鸡走出车库时，一个肥壮、留着短髭、头戴绒线帽、身穿深色尼龙夹克的年轻人从停车处旁边的灌木丛中钻出来，把手枪顶在我的双眼之间。
8. But he added, "You don't have to know how everything is put together, just how the system operates. 但他又补充道："可你无须知道各部件是怎样组装的，只要知道系统怎样操作就行了。
9. We often speak of tramps with contempt and put them in the same class as beggars. 我们常常轻蔑地谈起流浪者，并把他们归于乞丐一类；
10. When it has been decided where we are going to drill, we put up at the surface an oil derrick. 当钻孔地点决定后, 我们就在那块地面上坚起一个井架.