1. Early on, the team used the quality-improvement concept known as benchmarking — adopting the best methods or processes used by other companies. 初期，小组使用了被称为水准基标法的质量改进概念，即采用其他公司使用的最佳方法或疗程。
2. But until recently, the academic edge gained by participating in sports was thought to come from the increased self-confidence, the better mood, and the ability to concentrate that comes from burning off steam in exercise. 但直到最近，人们还认为因参加体育运动而获得的学业优势来自于增强的自信、更好的心态，以及由运动时消耗体力所带来的集中注意力的能力。
3. When water boils it turns into steam. 水沸腾而变成蒸汽.
4. Why don´t you steam those lobsters with ginger and scallion now? 你现在何不把那些龙虾和姜, 葱一起蒸呢?
5. The steam escaped with a loud hissing noise. 蒸汽发出很大的嘶嘶声冒了出 来.
6. The steam-engine piston makes a cyclic motion. 蒸汽机活塞做往复运动。
7. Travellers on short trips to areas with water supplies of uncertain quality should avoid drinking tap-water, or untreated water from any other source. 短途旅行到水质不保险的地区时，应避免饮用水龙头的水或未经处理任何其他来源的水。
8. The most wonderful piece of machinery on show was Nasmyth´s steam hammer. 其中最奇妙的是内史密斯的蒸汽锤。
9. Though in those days, travelling was not as easy as it is today, steam boats carried thousands of visitors across the Channel from Europe. 尽管在当时旅行不像现在这么容易，但汽船还是把成千上万的参观者从欧洲大陆送过了英吉利海峡。
10. The future? Bosses could measure brain activity to learn worker quality. 那么未来会是个什么样子呢？老板可以通过测量大脑活动情况来了解工人的素质。