sudden progress; breakthrough 突飞猛进; 突破
*This discovery marks a quantum leap forward in the fight against cancer. 这一发现标志着治疗癌症的 一大突破.
a very large and important development or improvement
quantum leap in
There has been a quantum leap in the range of the wines sold in the UK.
The treatment of breast cancer has taken a quantum leap forward.
1. The sudden movement of the door made it sway slightly and it gave me the impression that it was about to leap out at me. 由于柜门突然打开，它也随之轻微摇晃起来，让我觉得它好像马上要跳出柜门朝我扑过来似的。
2. There were now seven 31-day months in a year, but February was left with 28 days except in leap years. 现在一年中就有了七个有31天的月份，但是2月份除了闰年就只剩下了28天。
3. The error was 44 minutes and 56 seconds for each leap year, or 11 minutes and 14 seconds for each single year. 每个闰年的误差就是44分56秒或是每年11分14秒。
4. Thus the year A.D. 2000 will be a leap year, but the year 2100 will not, nor was 1900. 这样，公元2000年就是闰年，但2100年则不是，1900年也不是。
5. He also asked him to work out a better rule for leap years to prevent the piling up of error in future. 他还叫他为闰年制定出一个更好的规则，以防止将来误差的累积。
6. Again, even if it can be divided by 100, it remains a leap year if it can be divided by 400. 但即使它能被100除，如果还能被400除尽那么仍然是闰年。
7. All these developing regions see advanced communications as a way to leap over whole stages of economic development. 所有这些发展中地区都把先进的通信技术看作一种能跨越经济发展诸阶段的方法。
8. Caesar´s plan of leap years was followed for about 1600 years. 恺撒闰年的计划被遵照执行了大约1600年。
9. "Look before you leap" is a maxim. "三思而后行"是句格言。
10. Our hearts gave a leap, for we knew that in a few minutes we would be with our friends at Anzhuang again. 我们的心跳加快了，因为我们知道，几分钟后就要和安庄的老朋友见面了。