1. Editors of newspapers and magazines often go to extremes to provide their readers with unimportant facts and statistics. 报刊杂志的编辑常常为了向读者提供成立一些关紧要的事实和统计数字而走向极端。
2. But so far the only evidence for a genetic component has been through statistics, the relationship being inferred mathematically from comparisons of twins and other such studies of close relatives. 但迄今为止，遗传基因所占比重的仅有的证据只是一些统计数据，即，从对双胞胎的比较，以及对其他血缘接近者的研究中得出的数学统计关系。
3. Three years later, I find myself enjoying my relationship with this brilliant man who talks about the yield curve and other financial statistics, who prays when I drive, 三年后的今天，我发现自己与这位出色的男人之间的关系十分愉快。他谈论着投资收益曲线及其他的财经统计资料；我开车时他祈祷；
4. Have you seen the latest statistics on crime? 你看到最新的犯罪统计资料了吗?
5. Her father proceeded to quote statistics showing that mixed couples had higher divorce rates than couples of the same race and gave examples of mixed couples he had counseled who were having marital difficulties. 她的父亲开始引用统计数据说明异族通婚的夫妻离婚率比同族结婚的夫妻要高，而且还列举了接受过他咨询的、在婚姻上有麻烦的异族通婚夫妇的例子。
6. I've always advocated gun control; the odd thing is I still do. It wasn't ignorance of crime statistics that previously kept me from owning a gun nor thinking I was immune to violence. 我一贯主张控制枪支，奇怪的是我现在依然主张控制枪支。以前我没有枪，并不是因为我对有关犯罪的统计资料不了解，也不是因为我自认为可以不受暴力的袭击。