1. We put our hands down but I just stayed exactly where I was. Then one of the bank workers pressed a button behind the counter and the steel gate at the front of the bank moved into place so that we were locked in. We just stayed like that until the p 仿佛在梦中一样，我不紧不慢地走出了银行。没有人试图阻止我，警察似乎对我并不感兴趣。他们不打算盘问我，也没有要求我作证或别的什么，所以我就那样慢悠悠地走出了银行。
2. The towers are built on immense underwater platforms made of steel and concrete. 塔身建在巨大的水下钢盘混凝土平台上。
3. To understand a country's economy, economists check growth in an industry such as steel. 为了了解一个国家的经济状况，经济学家对某个行业——如钢铁企业——的增长情况进行调查。
4. These joints of steel can move without breaking. 这些钢接合在移动时不会断裂。
5. Dealer: Yes, air conditioning, tinted window, steel-belted tires, costom floormats, and sunroofs are all optional. 商人:是的,冷气,淡色窗,连钢带的轮胎,定做的车垫和通风孔都是可自由选择的东西.
6. Duck, and like them the pigeons, are endowed with steel-like muscles, 野鸭及它们相似的鸽子有天赋的钢铁般的肌肉，
7. At Shijingshan we passed the huge steel mill and the power plant. 我们还经过了石景山的大钢铁厂和发电厂。
8. At such times my sisters or I would pull him through the streets of Brooklyn, N.Y., on a child's wagon with steel runners to the subway entrance. 这种时候，姐妹们或我就用一辆儿童雪橇拉着他穿过纽约布鲁克林的街道到地铁站口。
9. Steel, iron, glass, cloth and paper can all be recycled. 钢,铁,玻璃, 布和纸张都可以回收再用.废水也可以回收再用.
10. Steel seems to be the best material, but not if it is welded to form a rigid structure. 钢似乎是最佳的建材，但一旦被焊接成僵硬的结构就不行了。