.Queen's 'English n BrE speak the Queen's English to speak very correctly and in a way that is typical of people who belong to the highest social class →King's English
1. English is spoken in Canada. 加拿大通用英语。
2. English tennis is in a parlous condition. 英国网球运动不堪设想.
3. English is widely used in international intercourse. 英语在当今国际交往中用得很广。
4. English words, it seemed to me, had exact equivalents in Chinese, and so, to express one´s ideas in English, it was just a matter of putting the words together according to the rules of grammar. 我以为汉语中对每个英语单词都有准确的对应词，要用英语表达思想，只需根据语法规则把英语单词组合起来。
5. English lawyers will say to Mrs. Smith, 'No, that contract is not valid,' while Mr.Smith will want it to be an American case. 英国律师会对史密斯夫人说'不行，那个契约无效。'而史密斯先生却想把它当作一桩美国案例来处理。
6. English tramps didn't sport tiny moustaches, huge pants or tail coats: 英国流浪者并不留小胡子，也不穿肥大的裤子或燕尾服：
7. Business English is simply a set of English vocabulary words; it is not,as some seem to think, a language unto itself. 商用英文只是一组英文字汇,它并不是如一些人所想,本身自成一种语言.
8. But the English were more fortunate than the Poles in Warsaw and the Dutch in Rotterdam. 但是英国人要比华沙的波兰人和鹿特丹的荷兰人幸运。
9. When he got to England, he found his English was too limited. 到了英国以后, 他发现自已的英语极为有限.
10. When the English army invaded Scotland, Bruce took up arms and led his people in the defence of their country. 当英格兰军队侵略苏格兰时，布鲁斯拿起武器领导人民起来保卫自己的国土。