动词过去式:queued 过去分词:queued 现在分词:queuing 第三人称单数:queues
1 line of people, vehicles, etc waiting for sth or to do sth （人或车辆等的）长列, 行列
7 o'clock a long queue had formed outside the cinema. 到7点钟时, 电影院门外已经排成了长队.
* People had to stand in a queue for hours to buy a ticket. 人们买票得排几小时的队.
* Is this the queue for the bus? 这是等候公共汽车的队吗?
* a queue of cars at the traffic-lights 交通灯前的一长列汽车.
2 (idm 习语) jump the queue => jump2.
v [I, Ipr, Ip] ~ (up) (for sth) wait in a queue 排队等候
*We queued for an hour but didn't get in. 我们排队等候一小时也没进去.
* Queue here for a taxi. 等候出租汽车在此排队.
* They're queuing up to see a film. 他们排着队等候看电影.
1. We had to queue for hours to get in . 我们排长队等了好几个钟头才进场，
2. We had to queue for hours to get in and there must have been several hundred people present just before the show began. 我们不得不排了好几个小时才进得场去。在演出开始前场内肯定已有好几百人了。