2. Benbow is quick to add, however, that cultural expectations probably exaggerate the difference. 不过，班博又迅速补充说，文化传统上人们对孩子的期望可能更扩大了这一差别。
3. For one of the necessary conditions of preservation is quick burial, 因为保存的必要条件之一是迅速掩埋，
4. The sorry-looking, blackened figure that emerged, admitted that he had tried to break into a shop during the night. 那个满脸愁容、浑身漆黑的家伙立刻承认，他企图在夜里闯进商店．
5. The police were called in to break up the fracas. 警察奉命去制止骚乱.
6. They prophesy that war will break out between the two countries. 他们预言这两个国家之间将发生战争。
7. There is no shortage of tipsters around offering ´get-rich-quick´ opportunities. 我们周围不乏情报贩子，向人们提供迅速发财致富的机遇。
8. The sorry-looking, blackened figure that emerged, admitted at once that he had tried to break into the shop during the night but had got stuck in the chimney. 那个看来满脸沮丧、浑身漆黑的家伙从烟囱里一出来，就承认头天夜里他企图到店里行窍，但让烟囱卡住了。
9. The ants had been quick to find an answer to my thoroughly unscientific methods! 蚂蚁已很快找到了相应的对策，来对付我那套完全不科学的办法！