quote out of context
quote out of context为短语/超纲词汇
1. While meters don't always show the true fare (dishonest drivers sometimes adjust them to advance faster), it is seldom cheaper to rely on the driver to quote a fare. 虽然计程器不会总是显示正确的车费，（有时司机不诚实，会改装计程器让它们跑得更快，）但你也别指望司机的报价会更便宜。
2. Her father proceeded to quote statistics showing that mixed couples had higher divorce rates than couples of the same race and gave examples of mixed couples he had counseled who were having marital difficulties. 她的父亲开始引用统计数据说明异族通婚的夫妻离婚率比同族结婚的夫妻要高，而且还列举了接受过他咨询的、在婚姻上有麻烦的异族通婚夫妇的例子。
3. Asked how he succeeded, the student explained he had just come from a physics class on pendulum motion. What he had learned in one context transferred to a completely different one. 当被问到是如何取得成功时，大学生解释道，他刚刚上完一堂有关摆动的物理课。他是把课堂上学到的知识应用到了一个完全不同的地方。
4. Can you quote me a recent instance? 你能举出来一个最近的例子吗？
5. I have tried to present the words and expressions here in a clear context. 我在这里已尽量把这些字和词呈现在清楚的上下文中了.
6. I can quote you several instances of her being deliberately rude. 我可以给你举出她故意粗暴待人的几个例子.