1. But suppose the earth could be covered with sensors spaced one foot apart, rising at one-foot intervals all the way to the top of the atmosphere. 假设地球上可以布满传感器，每个相隔1英尺，并按1英尺的间隔从地面一直排列到大气层的顶端。
2. By 12.01, those fluctuations will already have created small errors one foot away. 到12：01时，那些波动就已经会在1英尺远的地方造成偏差。
3. Behind him stood an enormous Russian, about six foot four, in the white coat of a Russian waiter. 斯大林后面站着一个高大的俄国人，大约有六英尺四英寸高，身穿俄国侍者的白色礼服。
4. The magician conjured a rabbit out of his hat. 魔术师从他的帽子里变出一只兔子。
5. The holes are only borings, less than a foot in diameter. 油井仅仅是一些钻孔, 其直径不到一英尺.
6. The fierce rat is tussling with a grown rabbit. 又大又凶的老鼠在跟大兔子扭斗了.
7. The rabbit is gnawing at the fence. 那只兔子在啮咬篱笆。
8. There are 12 inches in a foot. 一英尺等于十二英寸。
9. There were hopes, however, that the problem of the rabbit would become manageable. 然而人们还是希望, 兔子的问题会有办法解决.
10. The poor girl, with a basket on her back, searched all day from the riverside to the foot of the mountain. 一个冬天的早晨, 后娘叫阿巧出去割羊草.