1. Because they destroy so many insects, and insects include some of the greatest enemies of the human race. 因为它们能消灭那么多的昆虫，其中包括一些人类的大敌。
2. Both these ships set out from Shanghai on June 18th, 1872 on an exciting race to England. 两船于1872年6月18日同时从上海启航驶往英国，途中展开了一场激烈的比赛。
3. Banks stocked with the frozen sperm of geniuses already exist, but they haven't created a master race because few women are queuing up to get pregnant this way. 已经有了贮存天才的冷冻精子的精子库，但它们还没有生成一个优等族，原因是很少有妇女排队等候以这种方式怀孕。
4. We must fight to see that no one is refused his rights because of race or colour. 我们必须斗争直到不因人种和肤色而妨碍人的权利为止。
5. There were six contestants in the swimming race. 有六个人参加游泳比赛。
6. There is no doubt that if she had not lost her rudder she would have won the race easily. 如果它没有失去舵，无疑它会轻而易举地赢得这次比赛。
7. There is a car race near our town every year. 每年在我们镇附近有一次汽车比赛.
8. The next race was the women´s relay race , and it promised to be an exciting one. 下一个赛跑项目是女子接力赛，看来将是一场激动人心的比赛。
9. There were eight runners in the final race of the day. 那天参加赛跑决赛的有八名选手。
10. There is a car race near our town every year. 每年在我们镇附近有一次汽车比赛.