-al 表示“有关～”、“有～性质”的意思 变化型 -ial
adj characteristic of race3(1a); due to or resulting from race 人种的; 种族的; 由种族引起的
*a racial feature, type, difference, etc 人种特徵、类型、差异等
* racial conflict, harmony, hatred, pride 种族冲突、和睦、仇恨、优越感
* racial discrimination 种族歧视.
adj [only before noun]
relating to the relationships between different races of people who now live in the same country or area a victim of racial discrimination This part of the community needs to be protected from racial prejudice . evidence of racial harassment the campaign for racial equality the need for tolerance and racial harmony
relating to the various races that humans can be divided into
→ethnic a broad range of racial and ethnic groups people of different racial origin>raciallyadv They live in a racially mixed area. Police officers believe the attack was racially motivated .
COLLOCATES for sense 1racial discrimination/prejudice/harassment/hatredracial attack/violence/abuseracial segregation
(=when people of different races are kept apart) racial equality/harmonyracial tension
1. We must not let cultural, racial, or social barriers distract us from the job that must be done. Nor can we let political inefficiency stop us from our task. 因而我们决不能让文化、种族和社会的障碍使得我们不能专心从事我们必须做的工作。我们也不能因为政府工作效率低下而放弃我们的工作。
2. What the eye sees as racial differences — between Europeans and Africans, for example — are mainly a way to adapt to climate as humans move from one continent to another. 我们眼中看到的人种差异，例如欧洲人与非洲人的差异，主要是人类从一个大陆向另一个大陆迁移时为适应气候所产生的。
3. The study's ultimate aim, he says, is to "weaken conventional notions of race" that cause racial prejudice. 他说研究的最终目的是"削弱"造成种族偏见的"传统的种族观念"。
4. Gail sometimes wondered why I and other blacks were so involved with the racial issue, and I was surprised that she seemed to forget the subtler forms of racial hatred in American society. 盖尔有时不明白为何我和其他黑人如此热衷于种族问题，她好像忘记了美国社会中种族仇恨更加微妙的表现形式，这一点令我感到惊讶。
5. Racial prejudice is (an) anathema to me. 我对种族偏见深恶痛绝.
6. Racial discrimination still exists. 种族岐视仍然存在。
7. Racial discrimination still exists. 种族岐视仍然存在。
8. Our racial and cultural differences enhanced our relationship and taught us a great deal about tolerance, compromise, and being open with each other. 我们之间的种族及文化差异不但增强了我们的关系，还教会了我们彼此间要宽容、谅解和开诚布公。