1. Earlier this month, Alberto Torres's wife, who had just been laid off from her job, had to have a breast removed due to cancer and now faces a year of radiation treatments. 这个月初，阿尔伯图·多里斯刚刚失业的妻子，由于患癌症而不得不将一侧乳房切除，而今又面临一年的放射性治疗。
2. But in recent years, as environmental damage has increased, signs of change have sprung up in various pockets around the world. 但近年来，随着环境损害的日益严重，世界各地已经出现了许多变化的迹象。
3. We felt sure that sooner or later a stone would rip a hole in our petrol tank or damage the engine. 我们想念迟早会飞起一个石块把油箱砸开一个窟窿，或者把发动机砸坏。
4. What divorce does is to damage children, making them into refugees as the people in their lives scatter in all directions. 离婚造成的是对孩子的伤害，使他们随着身边人的离散而成了流亡者。
5. The radioactive material is stored in a special radiation-proof container. 放射性材料贮存在防辐射的特殊容器内.
6. The accident did a lot of damage to the car. 这一事故把汽车损坏得很厉害.
7. No medicine worked, since the only known treatment for radiation sickness was rest. 这病无药可治，因为治疗辐射病的惟一办法就是休息。
8. Alcohol may cause damage to the liver. 酒精可能会损坏肝脏。
9. A metal called uranium gave off a kind of radiation. 一种叫铀的金属会发出一种射线。
10. As the others were recovering, Kaz fell ill with all the symptoms of radiation sickness. 当家里其他人都在康复时，和子却病倒了，辐射病的症状全出现了。