illness caused when the body is exposed to high radiation, eg from radioactive material or X-rays 放射病; 辐射病.
an illness that is caused when your body receives too much radiation
1. Earlier this month, Alberto Torres's wife, who had just been laid off from her job, had to have a breast removed due to cancer and now faces a year of radiation treatments. 这个月初，阿尔伯图·多里斯刚刚失业的妻子，由于患癌症而不得不将一侧乳房切除，而今又面临一年的放射性治疗。
2. The radioactive material is stored in a special radiation-proof container. 放射性材料贮存在防辐射的特殊容器内.
3. No medicine worked, since the only known treatment for radiation sickness was rest. 这病无药可治，因为治疗辐射病的惟一办法就是休息。
4. Now that they are no longer ignorant of the causes of the sickness of our planet, they seek ways to help the Earth, to give back what they take away. 由于不再无视地球罹难的根源，人们正在寻求各种方法来治疗它，把自己取走的东西归还给地球。
5. He has struggled with sickness for a few months. 数月来他一直在与疾病作斗争。
6. A metal called uranium gave off a kind of radiation. 一种叫铀的金属会发出一种射线。
7. After hours of experimenting they felt a weakness in the muscles, a pain in the knees and a general sickness that lasted until the following day. 经过了几个小时的实验，他们感觉到肌肉的虚弱和膝盖上的疼痛，一种遍体的不适一直持续到了第二天。
8. As the others were recovering, Kaz fell ill with all the symptoms of radiation sickness. 当家里其他人都在康复时，和子却病倒了，辐射病的症状全出现了。