1. Earlier this month, Alberto Torres's wife, who had just been laid off from her job, had to have a breast removed due to cancer and now faces a year of radiation treatments. 这个月初，阿尔伯图·多里斯刚刚失业的妻子，由于患癌症而不得不将一侧乳房切除，而今又面临一年的放射性治疗。
2. But Drew wasn't done. In 1930, he created a see-through, water-proof (防水的), cellophane (薄膜) adhesive (胶粘剂). 但是，德鲁并没有就此满足。1930零年，他发明了一种透明、防水的薄膜胶粘剂。
3. We have abundant proof of his guilt. 我们有充分的证据证明他有罪.
4. When registering as a new voter, take along your diploma as proof of literacy. 当你要登记成为有投票权的人时，带着你的文凭以证明你有读写的能力。
5. They police allege that the man was murdered but they have given no proof. 警方称这男子是被人谋杀的,但没提出任何证据.
6. The radioactive material is stored in a special radiation-proof container. 放射性材料贮存在防辐射的特殊容器内.
7. There is positive proof that he did it. 有确凿的证据证明他做了这件事。
8. The receipt is your proof of purchase. 这张发票是你购物的凭据.
9. This proof was supplied by Ronald Ross, a British army physician working in India in the 1880s. 这种证明是由一位19世纪80年代在印度工作的名叫罗纳德·罗斯的英国军医提供的。
10. No medicine worked, since the only known treatment for radiation sickness was rest. 这病无药可治，因为治疗辐射病的惟一办法就是休息。