1. The radioactive material is stored in a special radiation-proof container. 放射性材料贮存在防辐射的特殊容器内.
2. Time is one of the two elements that Americans save carefully, the other being labor. 时间是美国人注意节约的两个要素之一，另一个则是工作。
3. The unconscious is certainly the source of instinctive activity. But in creative thought the unconscious is responsible for the production of new organized forms from relatively disorganized elements. 潜意识无疑是本能活动的源泉。不过，在创造性思维过程中，正是潜意识使得相对无序的成分变成新的有序形式。
4. You begin to see that even though the distinctions of the culture are different from your own, it has elements that you can learn to appreciate. 你开始明白，虽然这种新的文化的特点和你自己的文化的特点有所不同，其中也必定有着值得你学习和欣赏的东西。
5. Portable boiling elements that can boil small quantities of water are useful when the right voltage of electricity is available. 如果有相配的电压，可以煮少量水的便携式热水装置是有用的。
6. Men was accustomed to struggling for survial against the elements . 人门习惯于在与自然力作斗争中求生存.
7. Men accustomed to struggling for survival against the elements and Indians were bewildered by politicians, bankers and businessmen, 习惯与大自然和印第安人作斗争以求生存的拓荒者被政客、银行家和商人搞得晕头转向，
8. Uranium is radioactive. 铀具有放射性。
9. Radium is a radioactive element. 镭是个放射性元素。
10. Radium and uranium are radioactive elements. 镭和铀是放射性元素.