n.雨,下雨,雨天 vi.下雨 vt.使大量落下,大量地给
形容词:rainless 动词过去式:rained 过去分词:rained 现在分词:raining 第三人称单数:rains
1 [U] condensed moisture of the atmosphere falling as separate drops; fall of these drops 雨; 下雨
*heavy/light rain 大[小]雨
* Don't go out in the rain. 不要冒着雨出去.
* Come in out of the rain. 快进来, 别让雨淋着.
* It looks like (ie as if there will be a fall of) rain. 像是要下雨了.
2 the rains [pl] season of heavy continuous rain in tropical countries （热带地区 的）雨季
*The rains come in September. 雨季于九月到来.
3 [sing] (preceded by an adj 用于形容词之後) shower of rain of the specified type 某种类型的雨
*There was a heavy rain during the night. 夜间下了一场大雨.
4 [sing] ~ of sth (esp fig 尤作比喻) great number of things falling like rain 像雨点般降落的东西
*a rain of arrows, bullets, etc 箭、子弹等如雨点一般
* a rain of ashes, eg from a volcano 如雨点般落下的灰尘（如从火山口中喷出者）.
5 (idm 习语) come ,rain, come `shine; (come) ,rain or `shine whether there is rain or sunshine; whatever happens 不论晴雨; 不管发生什么事情
*The fete will take place on Sunday, rain or shine. 游园义卖会定于星期日举行, 风雨无阻. right as rain => right.
1 [I] (used with it 与it连用) fall as rain 下雨; 降雨
*It is raining, ie Rain is falling. 下着雨呢.
* It rained hard all day. 下了一整天的大雨.
2 [Ipr] ~ on sb/sth (fig 比喻) fall like rain on sb/sth 像雨点般落在某人[某物]上
*Blows rained on the door. 敲门声像雨点一样.
* The suitcase burst open and its contents rained on the floor. 手提箱裂开了, 里面的东西纷纷落在地板上.
3 (idm 习语) it ,never ,rains but it `pours (saying 谚) misfortunes, etc usually come in large numbers 不雨则已, 一雨倾盆; 灾祸等不发生则已, 一发生便接踵而至
*First my car broke down, then I lost my key
*it never rains but it pours! 先是我的汽车出了故障, 接着又丢了钥匙, 真是祸不单行! rain `buckets; rain cats and `dogs (esp in the continuous tenses 尤用于进行时态) rain very heavily 下倾盆大雨.
4 (phr v) rain down (sth) flow or come down in large quantities 大量流下; 大量落下
*Tears rained down her cheeks. 她泪流满面.
* Loose rocks rained down (the hillside). 松动的岩石大量滚下（山坡）. rain down (on sb/sth) come down on sb/sth 传给某人[某事物]
*Abuse rained down on the noisy students from the open windows. 穿过敞开的窗户传来对那些喧闹学生的责骂声.
* Invitations rained down on the visiting writer. 来访的这位作家收到了许多邀请信. rain in (used with it 与it连用)
*It is raining in, ie Rain is coming through the roof, tent, etc. 漏雨了. rain sth off; US rain sth out (usu passive 通常用于被动语态) (infml 口) prevent (eg an event) from taking place because of rain 因雨而使（事情等）受阻
*The match was rained off twice. 比赛因雨而被迫两次改期.
Terror Train is a 1980 slasher film, directed by Roger Spottiswoode and starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Ben Johnson and David Copperfield. It follows the members of a college fraternity who played a cruel prank on a shy kid named Kenny Hampson three years ago.
1. But some time later it began to rain. 但过了一阵子。天下起雨来，
2. Brazil is home to the world’s largest jungle rain forest, the Amazon. 巴西是全世界最大的热带丛林 - 亚马逊雨林的生长地。
3. For heavy rain would not only wash away the soil but would cause serious floods as well. 因为大雨不仅会冲走土壤，而且还会引起严重的水灾。
4. We need a good rain to freshen the flowers. 要使这些花鲜嫩, 得下一场大雨。
5. We have a lot of rain in June. 这里六月份雨水很多。
6. While they were talking it began to rain and Dimitri stayed in Aleko´s house until the rain stopped. 就在他俩说话的时候，天下起了雨，迪米特里便呆在阿列科家里避雨，一直等到雨停为止。
7. Where a little rain falls, grass and desert shrubs appear. 稍有降雨的地方，就有青草和灌木生长。
8. What is destroying rain forests and ruining the land and seas? 是什么在破坏雨林、土壤和海洋？
9. What causes the acid rain that forms from water passing through polluted air? 是什么造成了雨水穿过污染的大气而形成的酸雨？
10. The plants were animated by the rain. 下雨之后, 植物又恢复了生机。