n.比率,速度,等级,价格,费用 vt.估价,认为,鉴定等级,责骂 vi.被评价,责骂
动词过去式:rated 过去分词:rated 现在分词:rating 第三人称单数:rates
1 standard of reckoning obtained by expressing the quantity or amount of one thing in relation to another 比率; 率
*walk at a/the rate of
3 miles an hour 以每小时3英里的速度行走
* produce cars at a rate of
50 a/per week 以每周50辆的速度生产汽车
* the annual `birth/`marriage/`death rate 年出生[结婚/死亡]率
* a high `pass/`failure rate, eg in an exam 高的及格[不及格]率
* the ex`change rate/the rate of ex`change, ie the number of units of one currency given in exchange for one unit of another 兑换率.
2 measure of value, charge or cost 价值、费用或价格的量度
*a ,first-,,second-, ,third-rate `job 一等、二等、三等的工作
* postal, advertising, insurance, etc rates 邮资、广告费、保险费
* a low/high hourly rate of pay 按小时收取的低[高]报酬
* special reduced rate for children, students, etc 儿童、学生等的特惠价格
* Surveys offered at reasonable rates. 提供测定服务收费廉宜.
* What's the going (ie current) rate for baby-sitters? 请临时保姆的费用现在是多少?
3 speed of movement, change, etc; pace （运动、变化等的）速度; 进度
*at a great, dreadful, steady, etc rate 以很高的、惊人的、稳定的...速度
* His pulse-rate dropped suddenly. 他的脉搏突然放慢了.
* double the rate of production, development, etc 使生产、发展等速度提高一倍
* At the rate you work, you'll never finish. 按你这样的工作速度, 你绝对做不完.
4 (usu pl 通常作复数) (Brit) tax on land and buildings paid to local authorities （地方当局徵收的）房地产税
*set a rate of 66p in the pound, ie
66 pence for every pound of a property's value 规定按财产价值每英镑纳税66便士
* an extra
5 on/off (ie added to/deducted from) the rates 在房地产税中增加[扣除]5英镑.
5 (idm 习语) at `any rate whatever may happen; in any case 无论如何; 不管怎样
*That's one part of the job done at any rate. 不管怎么说, 这个工作已经做了一部分了. at a rate of `knots (infml 口) very rapidly 极快地. at `this/`that rate (infml 口) if this/that continues; doing things this/that way; if this/that is typical 照这样[那样]下去; 照这样[那样]做; 如果情况就是这样[那样]的话
*At this rate, we shall soon be bankrupt. 这样下去的话, 我们很快就要破产了.
1 [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.n/a] ~ sth at sth; ~ sb/sth as sth estimate the worth or value of sb/sth 评定某人[某事物]的价值
*(infml 口) I don't rate this play (ie think it is good) at all. 我认为这出戏一点都不好.
* What do you rate his income at? 你估计他的收入有多少?
* She is highly rated as a novelist. 她这位小说家受到很高的评价.
2 [Tn.pr] regard (sb/sth) as; consider 把（某人[某事物]）看成是; 认为
*Do you rate Tom among your friends? 你认为汤姆是你的朋友吗?
3 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (at sth) (Brit) value (property) in order to assess rates (rate1 4) 核定（财产）的价值以确定应纳的税额
*a house rated at
500 per annum 按财产核定每年应纳税500英镑的房子.4 [La] rank or be regarded in a specified way 以某方式划分等级或对待
*That task rates low on my priority list. 那件事情并不是我的当务之急.
5 [Tn] (US infml 口) be worthy of (sth); deserve 有（某事物）的价值; 值得
*That joke didn't rate a laugh. 那笑话不值一笑.
Kef Governorate ( ) is one of the twenty-four governorates of Tunisia. It is situated in north-western Tunisia, bordering Algeria.
1. Each demanded some payment that was overdue: twelve shillings for the furniture and oilcloth; one pound four and one penny for the General District and Special Rates; and one pound one and fivepence halfpenny for Poor Rate. 三封信都是催债的，而且每项款都已经过了期。家具和油布十二先令；统税和特税一镑四先令一便士；济贫税一镑一先令五个半便士。
2. By the way,where can I get the best exchange rate for American dollars. 对了, 我在哪里可以获得最好的美元汇率?
3. But it remains to be seen whether these measures will have enough impact to slow the rate of removing the forests. 但是要知道这些措施是否会产生足够的影响来减缓砍伐森林的速度，尚须时日。
4. But most of all, you've learned what a "7.6 per cent unemployment rate" really means.
5. Whether or not this is true, the high success rate of arranged marriages in different cultures — 90 percent in Iran, 95 percent in India, 不管这种说法是否正确，不同文化中包办婚姻的成功率之高，却不由得使人驻足沉思：伊朗90%，印度95%，
6. The rate of interest is 5 percent. 利率是百分之五。
7. The earth turns round at a uniform rate. 地球以不变的速度旋转。
8. The rate of growth was unprecedented. 这个成长率是前所未有的。
9. The fact of first-rate importance is the predominant role that custom plays in experience and in belief, and the very great varieties it may manifest. 最重要的是，风俗在实践中和信仰上所起的举足轻重的作用，以及它所表现出来的极其丰富多采的形式。
10. The death rate dropped to two percent. 死亡率下降到百分之二。