1 able to reason 能推理的
*Man is a rational being. 人是有理性的生物.
2 not foolish or absurd; sensible; reasonable 出于理性的; 理智的; 明事理的; 讲道理的
*rational conduct 合理的行为
* a rational argument, explanation, solution, etc 合乎情理的论证、解释、解决方法等.
3 lucid or sane 头脑清醒的; 神志正常的
*Despite her recent stroke, she is quite rational. 她尽管最近曾患中风, 但头脑仍很清醒.
* No rational person would go to work in his pyjamas. 任何神志正常的人都不会穿着睡衣去上班.
1300-1400; Language: Latin;Origin:
rationalis, from ratio; RATIO
rational thoughts, decisions etc are based on reasons rather than emotions
≠ irrational Parents need to be fully informed so they can make a rational decision. I'm sure there's a rational explanation for all this. It's impossible to have a rational conversation with him.
a rational person is able to think calmly and sensibly
≠ irrational Culley was quite rational at the time of her baby's death.formal
able to make sensible judgments Man is a rational animal.>rationallyadv We were too shocked to think rationally .>rationality
1. Man is a rational being. 人是有理性的生物.
2. It may also be said that rational, industrious, useful human beings are divided into two classes: 也可以这样说，理智的，勤劳的、有用的人可以分为两类：
3. Where the raising of children and the investment of both parents in the children's lives were guaranteed by bonds of friendship between the parents, which were based on rational love. 在这样的家庭里，父母间由于理性的爱所带来的友好关系保证了他们能共同抚养孩子和共同在孩子身上投入。
4. It's important to stay rational. 重要的是保持理性。
5. Fortunately, there is a ´uniquely rational way´ for us to communicate with other intelligent beings, 幸运的是，有一种我们可以和其他智力生命通迅联系的"唯一合理的方法"，