/relm; rɛlm/ n
1 (fml or rhet 文或修辞) kingdom 王国
*the defence of the realm 捍卫国家
* coins, peers, laws of the realm 王国的钱币、贵族、法律.
2 (fig 比喻) field of activity or interest; sphere （活动或兴趣的）领域, 范围
*in the realm of literature, science, etc 在文学、科学等领域里
* the realms of the imagination 想像的境界.
[Date: 1200-1300; Language: Old French;Origin: realme, from Latin regimen; REGIMEN]
written a general area of knowledge, activity, or thought
the spiritual realm
an idea that belongs in the realm of science fiction
within the realms of possibilityalsonot beyond the realm(s) of possibility
used, often humorously, to say that something is possible even though you think it is not very likely
I suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility.
literary a country ruled by a king or queen
1. He made outstanding contributions in the realm of foreign affairs. 他在外交领域作出了卓越贡献。
2. He had helped me lift the veil that grows so quickly over our eyes in this busy world, to see a whole new realm I'd failed to appreciate before. 在这忙碌的世界里，一层快速形成的面纱遮住了我们的双眼，是他帮我揭开了这层面纱，见到了一个以前从未好好欣赏的崭新世界。
3. It is difficult for any of us in moments of intense aesthetic experience to resist the suggestion that we are catching a glimpse of a light that shines down to us from a different realm of existence, 无论是谁，在强烈感受到美的时刻，心中都不禁油生一种遐想：我们似乎瞥见从另一个世界射向我们的一线光芒，