n.后面,背后,后方,屁股 adj.后面的,背面的,后方的 vt.培养,饲养,举起,树立,栽种 vi.高耸,暴跳,用后腿站起
名词:rearer 动词过去式:reared 过去分词:reared 现在分词:rearing 第三人称单数:rears
1 (usu 通常作 the rear) [sing] the back part 後部; 後面; 背後
*a kitchen in/at/to the rear of the house 在房子後部的厨房
* a view of the house taken from the rear 房子的後视景
* attack the enemy's rear 攻击敌人的後部
* [attrib 作定语] a car's rear doors, lights, wheels, window 汽车的後门、尾灯、後轮、後窗.
2 [C] (infml euph 口, 婉) buttocks 臀部; 屁股
*a kick in/on the rear 踢屁股一脚.
3 (idm 习语) ,bring up the `rear be or come last, eg in a procession, race, etc 处于在最後的位置, 殿後（如列队行进、赛跑等）.
(a) (esp Brit) bring up and educate (children, etc) 养育（子女等）
*rear a family 养家.
(b) breed and look after (sheep, poultry, etc); grow or produce (crops) 饲养（羊、家禽等）; 种植（作物）. Cf 参看 raise 6.
2 [I, Ip] ~ (up) (of a horse, etc) raise itself on its hind legs （指马等）用後腿站立
*The horse reared (up) in fright. 那马因受惊而用後腿直立（起来）.
3 [Tn] raise (esp one's head) 抬起（尤指头）
*The snake reared its head. 那蛇扬起了头.
* (fig 比喻) terrorism rearing its ugly head again 再次嚣张起来的恐怖主义.
1. There is a stretch of woodland at the rear of the house. 房子后面有一片林地。
2. The entrance to the apartment is at the rear of the building because the front of the building contains small stores. 因为前面有几家小店铺，大楼的入口设在背面。
3. Using his wicked little cane to trip it up, or aiming the heel of his boot for a well-placed kick at its broad rear. 他以顽皮的小拐杖使绊子，或把皮靴后跟对准权势者宽大的臀部一踢。
4. Hopkins had the President wheeled to his room, where the White House doctor, Rear Admiral Ross T. Mcintire, made a quick examination. 霍普金斯将总统推回到了他自己的房间，白宫医生麦金太尔迅速给他做了检查。
5. It will take you forward into the twenty-first century without having to check your tracks in a rear-view mirror. My grandparents taught me that. 这样，你在跨入21世纪的时候，用不着去为自己过去的所作所为而抱憾。这就是我祖父祖母教给我的做人道理。