动词过去式:received 过去分词:received 现在分词:receiving 第三人称单数:receives
ceive＝to take（取） 变化型 cept，cip，cipate
1 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sth (from sb/sth) get, accept or take (sth sent, given, etc) 收到, 得到, 接到, 领取（邮寄、赠送等之物）
*receive a letter, present, phone call, grant 接到信、礼物、电话、补助金
* receive a good education 受到良好教育
* receive severe injuries, blows 受重伤、打击
* receive insults, thanks, congratulations 受到侮辱、感谢、祝贺
* Your comments will receive our close attention. 你的意见我们一定认真考虑.
* You will receive a warm welcome when you come to England. 你到英国时一定受到热烈欢迎.
(b) [I, Tn] (esp Brit) buy or accept (stolen goods) knowingly （有意）购买或接受（赃物）.
2 (a) [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb (into sth) allow sb to enter, eg as a guest, member, etc; admit sb 接待（如客人、成员等）; 接纳或承认某人
*rooms (eg in a hotel) ready to receive their new occupants 准备接待新房客的房间（如旅馆的）
* He has been received into the Church. 他已入教.
(b) [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.n/a] ~ sb (with sth) (as sth) (fml 文) welcome or entertain (guests, etc), esp formally欢迎或招待（客人等）（尤指正式地）
*The chief was received by the Prime Minister. 该领导人受到了首相的接见.
* She was received with warm applause. 大家以热烈的掌声欢迎她.
* He was received as an honoured visitor. 他以贵宾的身分受到款待.
3 [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr] ~ sb/sth (with sth) react in a specified way to sb/sth （以某方式）对某人[某事物]做出反应
*How was the play received? 对这出戏反应如何?
* My suggestion was received with disdain. 我的建议人家不屑一顾.
* The reforms have been well received by the public. 公众对改革反应良好.
4 [Tn] convert (broadcast signals) into sounds or pictures 将（无线电讯号）转变为声音或图像
*receive a programme via satellite 通过卫星接收节目
* Are you receiving me? ie Can you hear me (said to sb to whom one is speaking on a radio transmitter)? 你能收听到我的声音吗（通过无线电发报机呼叫对方）?
5 (idm 习语) be at/on the receiving end (of sth) (infml 口) be the one who suffers sth unpleasant 承受不愉快事物的人
*The party in power soon learns what it's like to be on the receiving end of political satire. 执政党很快就尝到了遭受政治讽刺的滋味.
1【be given something】2【be sent something】3【treatment】4【reaction to something】5 be on/at the receiving end (of something)6 receive an injury/blow7【people】8【by radio】
1300-1400; Language: Old North French;Origin:
receivre, from Latin
recipere, from capere 'to take'
]【BE GIVEN SOMETHING】
to be given something
= get All the children will receive a small gift.receive sth from sb She received an honorary degree from Harvard.receive attention/affection/support She received no support from her parents.receive payment/money/a pension etc They will be entitled to receive unemployment benefit.receive a prize/award/gift etc He went up to receive his award from the mayor.receive education/training 16- to 18-year-olds receiving full-time education Lee received 324 votes (=324 people voted for him) .【BE SENT SOMETHING】formal
to get a letter, message, or telephone call, or something which someone has sent youreceive sth from sb He received a letter from his insurance company. If you would like to receive further information , return the attached form. We have received numerous complaints about the noise.【TREATMENT】formal
if you receive a particular type of medical treatment, it is done to you He received hospital treatment for a cut over his eye.【REACTION TO SOMETHING】 [usually passive]
to react in a particular way to a suggestion, idea, performance etc
→reception The film was well received by critics (=they said it was good) . He received the news in silence.be on/at the receiving end (of sth)
to be the person who is affected by someone else's actions, usually in an unpleasant way She found herself on the receiving end of racist abuse.receive an injury/blowformal
to be injured or hit【PEOPLE】formal
to officially accept someone as a guest or member of a groupreceive guests/visitors She isn't well enough to receive visitors yet.receive sb into sth She was later received into the Church.【BY RADIO】a)
if a radio or television receives radio waves or other signals, it makes them become sounds or picturesb)
to be able to hear a radio message that someone is sending Receiving you loud and clear!'
HINT sense 1
In spoken English it is more usual to use get.
1. When hs is 65 , he will receive a pension. 他六十五岁的时候可以拿到养老金。
2. Without words, through yellowed eyes, I receive my thank you and her eyes slowly close. 无需任何语言，我从她发黄的眼睛中感受到了她对我的谢意，她慢慢闭上了眼睛。
3. These days, people who DO manual work often receive far more money than clerks who work in offices. 现在,从事体力老动的人常常比办公室办事员收入优厚得多.
4. These days, people who do manual work often receive far more money than people who work in offices. 如今，从事体力劳动的人的收入一般要比坐办公室的人高出许多。
5. These young people, who love the peace of the mountains, always receive a warm welcome at St. Bernard´s monastery. 这些热爱高山清静环境的年轻人每年都受到圣伯纳德道院的热烈欢迎。
6. Then he smiled and told me I would receive an extra thousand pounds a year! 然后他微笑了一下告诉我说，我每年将得到1,000 英镑的额外收入。
7. "For me," says seventeen - year - old Gloria Marcato, "it's more important to learn to speak English and to live through this experience than it is to receive a certificate from the American government." "对我来说，" 17岁的格洛里亚·马卡托说: "学会讲英语及体验这种经历比从美国政府那里拿到一张证书更为重要。"
8. And when male high-school students are asked what kinds of careers they would like to have, the only two job fields that consistently receive large numbers of responses in open surveys are "professional athlete" and "media personality& 还有，当问到男中学生他们想从事什么样的职业时，在公开调查中仅有两类行业的工作经常收到大量的反馈，那就是"职业运动员"和"媒体从业者"。
9. Successful students, however, see online learning as a convenient way to receive their education — not an easier way. 然而，取得成功的学生认为网上学习是便捷的受教育方式——但并不容易。
10. I receive quarterly bank statements. 我每三个月都收到一份银行结单.