ducc＝to lead（领导） 变化型 duct
1 (a) [U] reducing or being reduced 缩减; 降低; 简化; 还原
*the reduction of tax 税金的减少
* reduction of an argument to its essentials 将论据归纳成为一些要点.
(b) [C] instance of reducing 缩减; 降低; 简化; 还原
*a reduction in size, weight, etc 体积的缩小、重量的减少
* a price reduction 价格的降低.
(c) [C] amount by which sth is reduced, esp in price 缩减之量; （尤指）减去的价钱
*sell sth at a huge reduction 大幅度降价出售某物
* make/offer reductions on certain articles 对某些商品减价.
2 [C] copy of a map, picture, etc made by reducing the size of the original （地图、图片等的）缩版, 缩图. Cf 参看 enlargement (enlarge).
[U and C]
a decrease in the size, price, or amount of something, or the act of decreasing something
strategies for noise reduction
a slight reduction in the price of oil
the reduction of interest rates
substantial reductions on children's clothes
The company promised they would make no staff reductions for at least two years.
1. They sell everything at a reduction of 10 percent at the store. 这家商店每种货品都减价一成出售.
2. The fact that many developing countries must trim money from public education as part of their debt-reduction plans creates further pressure on families, she said. 她说，许多发展中国家经常将削减公立教育经费作为减轻债务计划的一部分。这一事实更加重了家庭的压力。
3. Some scientists speculate the reduction in mental function often attributed to getting old may really be a penalty of neglecting to stay physically active, in addition to related factors such as medicines and poor diet. 一些科学家推测，除了药物作用和饮食不当等相关因素外，常常归咎于衰老的大脑功能下降实际可能是对不注意保持体育运动的一种惩罚。