动词过去式:regarded 过去分词:regarded 现在分词:regarding 第三人称单数:regards
1 [Tn] (fml 文) look steadily at (sb/sth) in the specified way 注视, 凝视（某人[某物]）
*She regarded him closely, intently, curiously, etc. 她紧紧地、目不转睛地、好奇地...注视着他.
2 [Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.n/a] ~ sb/sth (with sth); ~ sb/sth as sth consider or think about sb/sth in the specified way 将某人[某事物]视为; 认为某人[某事物]是
*How is he regarded locally? 当地的人对他看法如何?
* Your work is highly regarded. 你的工作很受重视.
* We regard her behaviour with suspicion. 我们对她的行为有怀疑.
* regard sb unfavourably/with disfavour 对某人没有好感
* I regard your suggestion as worth considering/as worthy of consideration. 我觉得你的建议值得考虑.
* We regard your action as a crime/as criminal. 我们认为你这种行为是犯罪行为.
* She's generally regarded as a nuisance. 大家都很讨厌她.
3 [Tn] (usu in negative sentences or questions 通常用于否定句或疑问句) pay attention to (sth); heed 注意（某事物）; 留意
*He seldom regards my advice. 他很少听我的话.
* He booked the holiday without regarding my wishes. 他不考虑我的意愿就把假日的一切都定下来了.
4 (idm 习语) as regards sb/sth concerning or connected with sb/sth 关于或至于某人[某事物]
*I have little information as regards his past. 我对他过去的情况不太了解.
* As regards the second point in your letter... 关于你信中的第二点....
1 [U] ~ to/for sb/sth attention to or concern for sb/sth; care for sb/sth （对某人[某事物]的）注意或关心
*drive without regard for/to speed limits 不顾速度限制开快车
* have, pay, show little regard for the feelings of others 不大顾及别人的感情.
2 [U] ~ (for sb/sth) esteem or consideration; respect 尊重; 敬重; 尊敬
*hold sb in high/low regard, ie have a good/bad opinion of sb 尊重[不尊重]某人
* have a great regard for sb's judgement, intelligence, achievements 极为尊重某人的判断、才智、成就.
3 regards [pl] (used esp at the end of a letter 尤用于信函的结尾) kind wishes; greeting 致意; 问候
*With kind regards, Yours sincerely... 谨此致意, ...敬上
* Please give/send my regards to your brother. 请代为向令兄致意.
4 (idm 习语) in/with regard to sb/sth; in this/that/one regard in connection with sb/sth; in this/that connection; concerning sb/sth 关于某人[某事物]; 在这[那]点上
*I have nothing to say with regard to your complaints. 对于你的投诉, 我无可奉告.
* He is very sensitive in this regard, ie concerning this. 他在这方面非常敏感.
* We have succeeded in one crucial regard
*making this scandal public. 我们办成了一件大事
1. It is quite reasonable to regard the sea floor as the basic form of the crust of the earth, with, superimposed upon, it the continents, together with the islands and other features of the oceans. 因此完全有理由把海床看作地壳的基本模壳，上面附加着大陆以及岛屿和海洋的其他形态。
2. We regard them as unnecessary creatures that do more harm than good. 我们把昆虫当作害多益少的无用东西。
3. The tidy committee men regard them with horror, knowing that no pigeonholes can be found for them. 有条不紊的委员们怀着恐惧看着他们, 因为他们知道无法使这些人归巢就范.
4. The skyscraper have been built with no regard for us. 摩天大楼的兴建丝毫不考虑我们的利益.
5. The great cities have been built with no regard for us. 大城市的建设毫不关心我们。
6. regard any investigation of this question as a waste of time; 他们认为对这个问题进行调查中浪费时间，
7. Parents are often upset when their children praise the homes of their friends and regard it as a slur on their own cooking, or cleaning, or furniture, and often are foolish enough to let the adolescents see that they are annoyed. 当家长听到孩子赞扬自己朋友的家时，总感到不安，认为孩子在嫌弃自家的饭菜、卫生、或家具，而且愚蠢地让孩子看出自己的烦恼。
8. Indeed Europe is so much smaller than Asia that some geographers regard Europe as a peninsula of Asia. 与亚洲相比，欧洲确实太小，有些地理学家把欧洲看作亚洲的一个半岛。